Good value-priced smart plug for the U.K.?

I’m assuming you meant a plug in module? We commonly refer to those as “pocketsockets” in the forum just to make it easy to distinguish them from in wall receptacles.

The inexpensive Wi-Fi ones which use the “Tuya SmartLife” can integrate with smartthings through IFTTT. Those will probably be the least expensive, although there may be some lag as it is a cloud cloud integration.

If you want something that integrates directly with SmartThings, the TKB brand zwave pocketsockets are a good value brand in the U.K. Vesternet often sells them with a quantity discount. But they will cost about £10 more than the value brand Wi-Fi units.

There are some other Chinese brands which might be less expensive, but they are typically sold through vendors with long delivery times and less generous returns policies.

I personally don’t buy electronics off of eBay or Alibaba because of the number of counterfeits, which can be a very significant safety issue. So again, speaking just for myself, I prefer to buy from reputable dealers with good return policy like Amazon or Vesternet. :sunglasses: Do shop around, as prices can vary significantly on the same model.

1 Like