GoControl Sensors/Siren?

See the post above from RLDreams…it contains the device type code for the GoControl/Linear siren I created along with another community member.

Hey guys,

One of my motion is always b showing 1% battery and its stuck on motion activated.
Any suggestion how to fix it?

Pull the battery. so it resets . Try z-wave repair. Remove and repair it . Make sure it pairs as the right device type.

I tried…

It paired as Aeon Multisensor for all the unit. Is this what you guys motion are paired as?

Monoprice motion sensor V2

I’m I suppose to use monoprice motion sensor v2 ?

The 2gig/gocontrol sensor is a rebranded monoprice sensor

I’m using device handler “Linear Z-Wave Siren v3” for GoControl Siren…
Siren part works great, I can start/stop, define time for how long it should go on, it shows battery as well.
But I can’t make it to strobe.

My device configuration screen doesnt shows anything/any settings for strobe.

Got it working…My bad…Sorry. checking driver code helped me see that smart tile mentioning “siren” is like a push button and “Alarm!” is for both Strobe/Siren.

I got a defected motion sensor.
i exclude it from z wave
pull battery
un-pair and re-pair

and its constant motion.

battery and temp sensor works perfect

I have 7 d/w sensors 1 siren and 1 motion working good. For the life of me I can’t get the 2nd motion to pair. The light on the motion won’t blink like it did for the other. I’ve tried the button on the back still no luck. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Just found this 3pack with motion and siren on clearance @ HD for $24 and 2pack with motion for $13

Zip code please :slight_smile:

They were not listed online just happen to find them while in the store.29485

That is not true. I spoke with the engineer at gocontrol and they use a different firmware than the monoprice sensor. It is true the hardware is the same but the function is not. There is no control of sensitivity on the goncontrol version.

Not true, there is a jumper inside that you use so adjust sensitivity .

Easy to answer this: get the FCC license off of each device. (It Will either be on the back or inside the battery compartment. It’s also sometimes in the user manual.) If the license is the same, it’s the same device. :sunglasses:

Yes true. I personally spoke with the engineer at Gocontrol and verified by setting the jumper on my Gocontrol motion sensor and running tests. Motion detected at approximately the same location every time. It is true they use the same hardware but the firmware is very different. Also, the literature to the Gocontrol sensor states nothing about being able to change the sensitivity. Until you speak with the company or find some documentation that there is indeed control you are just making wild assumptions.

By the way, if you pop open the ecolink sensor and the Gocontrol they have the same part number in the board. Per your logic Gocontrol must be a rebranded ecolink but is is very easy to find reviews that suggest they operate differently.

By your logic Iris are not manufactured by Centralite because they have some one off features.

This is a stupid argument