Go Control - SmartThings Control of Thermostat

I successfully connected my Go Control GC-TBZ48 to my SmartThings hub and it sees it but I cannot control the thermostat from the SmartThings App. It gives me the following error “A network or server error occurred. Try again later.” Any help on this error? Thanks.

Are you using any custom device handlers? If not, you may have to email support.

You could try a couple things too. First, try using the Classic app. Does it work in that app? I bet it does. Second, you can try excluding and reincluding it again.

What is a custom device handler? I did try to use the Classic App too on my iPhone. I increased the heat setting on the Classic Smartthings App, got no error but the thermostat never updated with the updated setting. Is there something else to try?

Perfect answer! That’s really good to know because it will help debug what’s going on.

Ok, well that proved my theory wrong, which is also very helpful. It sounds like the device got added but it didn’t get automatically configured correctly.

It would be helpful if you set yourself up in the IDE tool to have access to detailed logging and have the ability to make additional changed you can’t do in the mobile app. It can be found here: http://ide.smartthings.com. If you’re not aware of this site, search the community for tons of info. This is a very useful site, and it’s not just for developers either.

Here are a few things to try:

• Remove (exclude) the device from ST and add it back. You can do this via the ST mobile app.
  • Or remove (exclude) the device from ST and add it back, but use the Classic app this time. This shouldn’t make a difference, but you never know.
  • Or, from the Classic app, go to the device and tap on the little gear in the upper right hand corner. You don’t need to change anything, but as soon as you tap on Save, it will try to reconfigure the device again. If this doesn’t help, you will have to exclude and re-add the device back to ST.
  • Or, from the IDE, you can go to the device within the Room you put it in and Edit it, specifically the Type field to any other zwave device, save it, and then go back and change it again to what it originally was and it will send another configuration command to the device. If this doesn’t help, you will have to exclude and re-add the device back to ST.

If you’re not familiar with the IDE, or uncomfortable with making changes to devices using the IDE, then I’d stick with excluding the device and adding it back using the mobile app. If that still doesn’t resolve the issue, you may need to email ST support.

Here is a search of community threads about this thermo that may be helpful for you:

https://community.smartthings.com/search?q=Go%20Control%20GC-TBZ48

A couple things to mention, GoControl thermostat is not supported by SmartThings so I added it as a Honeywell ZWave Thermostat. Is there a different vendor/thermostat I should select?

I cannot remove the ZWave connection on the Go Control Thermostat. It fails when trying to remove the Zwave link. I also used the old app to try and remove the device while in exclusion mode. It says it was successful but it still shows the thermostat. This is a mess. Help please???

Try to exclude the thermostat from your hub manually. If that doesn’t work do a factory reset of the thermostat and manually remove the device from your IDE -> My Devices -> Click on your thermostat, scroll down and Delete it.

If you have access to rboy apps try this device handler for your gocontrol thermostat: [RELEASE] Enhanced Z-Wave Thermostat Device Handler with Z-Wave Plus, Battery, Humidity, Lock Controls, Clock, Swing/Temp, Deadband (CT-30/CT-50/CT-80/CT-100/CT-101/CT-110/ZTS-110/ZTS-500/Linear/GoControl/Honeywell/Trane/MCO/APX/Vivint/Lowes/Universal)

1 Like