Gledopto Bulb with Smartthings?

Hi, gledopto just got certification of Smartthings Works Product, so it is okay for gledopto and ST. But it will only find gledopto brand on USA account, that’s weird. I think it is ST’s setting to different country?

1 Like

I think I will send Gledopto an email to clarify integration with Smartthings. It seems there should be no reason why it shouldn’t work but I will check directly with them before buying and testing it.

New Brands/Devices available on the SmartThings Platform (using SmartThings v3 app) In there you can find gledopto brand.

2 Likes

In the new V3 app some devices are region-locked and can only be added if your account location is in a specific country. That was not true with the classic app.

Yea so I’m not on the new app but if I go into it and select add new device, I see Gledopto listed as a brand but when I click into it the only device type available to select is “Switches and dimmers” and within that the only device listed is RGB+CCT LED Controller. So maybe bulbs are region locked for now.

1 Like

I managed to get the RGB lightbulb (6W bulb GL-B-007Z) working. Steps:

1. Screw the bulb and turn it on.
  2. On the smartthings app, add a new light device, select “IKEA” and leave it searching.
  3. Turn the light off and on 5 times. After the fifth, the lightbulb with blink 5 times.
  4. At this point the application should detect the Gledopto light, including the colour capability.
2 Likes

Thanks for that. I received an email back from Gledopto support in Europe confirming that their products do all integrate with Smartthings. In that case I would expect to see bulbs as an option under the Gledopto products in the new app but minor issue I guess.

1 Like

Just a further update from Gledopto:

"I got update today, only RGB-CCT products are working now.

You can use RGB-CCT Controller also for bulbs and other RGB-CCT product, no problem.

More products will come later, we are in contact with SmartThings about it."

2 Likes