Getting temperature reports from Fortrezz WWA-02AA

Out of the box this device registers as a “Smartsense Moisture” type device but it does not get you the temperature reports. From looking at the device documentation it’s clear that the device needs to be programmed before it will send out the temperature reports. Starting with the Smartsense Moisture type I made a couple to changes to get this to work.

1. I needed to add a tile to send a command to set the wakeup interval to 4 hours, this is the default value but when you program this entry the device starts to send temperature reports to the controller that programmed it. Adding a new tile:

standardTile("refresh", "device.switch", inactiveLabel: false, decoration: "flat") {
           state "default", label:'', action:"refresh.refresh", icon:"st.secondary.refresh"
    }

def refresh() {
            zwave.wakeUpV2.wakeUpIntervalSet(seconds:4 * 3600,
                nodeid:zwaveHubNodeId).format()
        }

when the device is awake (I think). I just pressed the one button on the device that wakes it up and then hit my new “refresh” button from the App.

1. While parsing you will have to look for V2 version of the multi-level report. So, edited a line in the “parse” function

def parsedZwEvent = zwave.parse(description, [0x30: 1, 0x71: 2, 0x84: 1, 0x31: 2])

Added the last “0x31: 2” part of it.

1. Added a zwave event function for the temperature report
def zwaveEvent(physicalgraph.zwave.commands.sensormultilevelv2.SensorMultilevelReport cmd) { def map = [:] switch (cmd.sensorType) { case 1: // temperature def cmdScale = cmd.scale == 1 ? "F" : "C" map.value = convertTemperatureIfNeeded(cmd.scaledSensorValue, cmdScale, cmd.precision) map.unit = getTemperatureScale() map.name = "temp" break; } map }
  1. Finally, added a tile for this new value and added it to the Details page
  	valueTile("temp", "device.temp", inactiveLabel: false) {
		state "temp", label:'${currentValue}°'
	}            
	details(["water", "temperature", "battery", "refresh", "temp"])

Pardon the formatting, this form seems to have a mind of its own and I don’t have the time to clean this up now.

2 Likes

Thanks for making this device support! I’ll try it and see what it does to the battery life.

I am using one of these Fortrezz WWA-02AA in the inside the fridge at the bottom, mostly looking for leaks. Is anybody else getting false-positive-WET-reports?

It is usually sitting around 33F and there is no dirt, standing water or condensation in it or under it, but the alarms occur about 10 times a week and usually clear themselves after 1-12 hours. Basically useless so I may try a warranty replacement. Low operating range is supposed to be appx -14F so I don’t think I am abusing it.

I suspect it’s actally giving a temperature alarm. By default it alarms at 32f, but is configurable at different temps via custom parameters.