Getting a bit confused with all this... Help request for multiple activities based on iPhone alarm

Should be simple:

30 minutes before my alarm goes off on my iphone i’d like to:

1. turn on the lights to 10%
  2. play an audio playlist on a sonos connect amp
  3. open the blinds a little
  4. set my philips HUE LED strip light plus to blue light at 20% (no bridge)

Can someone guide me to how this can be done please?

Im finding this smartthings interface very difficult to work with…

Thanks

It’s not actually that simple… There’s a lot of different things going on, including the fact that this is an iPhone and that it’s at a variable time.

I think you can probably do this with core, but to be honest I’m not sure. I would ask in the in the core peer Assistance thread and the experts there should be able to tell you if it’s doable.

Hi i believe it is feasible but not really that easy

30 minutes before my alarm goes off - You would require to use something like tasker or putting the alarm time directly into the rule

turn on the lights to 10% - Easy enough

play an audio playlist on a sonos connect amp - don’t have a sonos, cant really comment

open the blinds a little - should be easy, provided u have a blind that is connected to smarthings

set my philips HUE LED strip light plus to blue light at 20% (no bridge) - im not sure you can use this without a bridge, i am unaware if there is a custom DTH for this. But if you had a LED controller, like the FIBARO RGBW controller, it should be easy enough

It’s the iPhone Alarm that’s making it a little harder than what should be needed.

Honestly, people typically wake up around the same time. However, you could have multiple triggers at different times that would simulate alarm timers. Put the various wake up routines in Core Pistons

CoRE Piston 1 (Basic in Expert Mode)

If Alarm 1 Switch (Virtual Switch) is on
When True
Using Location
Execute Piston Alarm 1 Routine

Or

If Alarm 2 Switch (Virtual Switch) is on
When True
Using Location
Execute Piston Alarm 2 Routine

Or

If Alarm 3 Switch (Virtual Switch) is on
When True
Using Location
Execute Piston Alarm 3 Routine

Piston 2

If Alarm 1 Changes to On
When True
Using Alarm 2 and 3
Turn Off

Or

If Alarm 2 Changes to On
When True
Using Alarm 1 and 3
Turn Off

Or

If Alarm 3 Changes to On
When True
Using Alarm 1 and 2
Turn Off

Piston 3 Alarm 1 Routine
Do
Using Lights
turn on the lights to 10%
Using Sonos
play an audio playlist on a sonos connect amp
Using Blinds
open the blinds a little
Using Philips
set my philips HUE LED strip light plus to blue light at 20% (no bridge)

2 Likes

Should I get started with Core or WebCore?

I can write perl so shouldn’t have too many problems figuring it out.

Really appreciate assistance on this!

WebCore is likely to eventually replace core, but web core is still in the early beta stages which means you might have to completely rebuild all of your rules if a new release comes out. And there may be some glitches.

So at this point, Core is more stable but is limited to the mobile app UI. First adopters and tinkerers will generally jump right into webcore. Those who are trying to solve a specific practical problem right now might prefer to use core for now because of the stability.