Get value from temperature sensor and store it in a database

Hi, I have several temperature sensors. I would like to poll the current value every 5 minut and store it in a database so I can create graphs etc.
The only part I need help for is how to get the value? Is there an Web API I can use and get the values?

Best regards

http://docs.smartthings.com/en/latest/ref-docs/device-ref.html

Somewhere around there. Not sure about the Web API part, but more than likely you’d have to do this via a Smartapp and push it out to your own Google Docs or DB.

I use a Basic CoRE Piston with a SmartThings contact switch that has a temperature attribute. The contact monitors the temperature of our hot tub mechanicals area, mostly in the winter time & when we travel, to ensure the hot tub is online and staying heated. I also grab the outside weather using the AccuWeather SmartApp for comparison.

One could either set a CoRE timer to fire every 5 minutes or use the condition of “changes” which will send a reading value at every different temperature level and then route the digital output as I do below to an email, notification or as a SMS text as below.

CoRE Piston

IF
● Hot Tub Temp temperature changes
THEN...
Using Hot Tub Temp...
► Save attribute 'temperature' to variable {temperature}'
Using AccuWeather (45385)...
► Save attribute 'temperature' to variable {outside_temp}'
Using location...
► Send SMS notification 'Hot Tub Inside Mechanicals temperature is {temperature}°F and outside temperature is {outside_temp}°F' to 555-555-5555

SMS Message Log

Hot Tub Inside Mechanicals temperature is 69°F and outside temperature is 37°F
Hot Tub Inside Mechanicals temperature is 68°F and outside temperature is 36°F
Hot Tub Inside Mechanicals temperature is 67°F and outside temperature is 36°F
Hot Tub Inside Mechanicals temperature is 66°F and outside temperature is 35°F
Hot Tub Inside Mechanicals temperature is 65°F and outside temperature is 33°F

This SmartApp allows you to store it in a Google Sheet, but it will only log the temperature when it changes.

Thanks for answers.
But just to be clear, there is no way to get the values out beside from within a smartapp?

I was hoping there was an API so I could do something like this HTTP GET:

smartthings.com/api/device/{ID}
etc…
Of course with some basic authentication/token in header.