Get ready to make the switch!

What about opening up the STHM APIs to a whitelisted set of trusted partners? :smiley:

8 Likes

I just use virtual switches to control sthm and the scenes control the switches. No problem

1 Like

Please add feature to change the name of mobile presence sensor.

2 Likes

You can still do this through the IDE if you want to. What they really need to do it add the option to see the status of the mobile press sensors as a device in the new app.

3 Likes

@blake.arnold is engineering aware that Automation mode preconditions aren’t working. For instance l just had the below automation run, even though my location is in “guest” mode. Very frustrating. The migration was enough of a challenge, and after rebuilding manually my routines as automations not having them work properly is beyond frustrating.

4 Likes

They are aware and working on a fix

3 Likes

I believe historically they are in Korea, but there are some job postings on the SmartThings site for USA based openings.

Good to hear. This is where a public change log / open issues / caveats register would be helpful.

1 Like

So true
 So so true.

Im a huge fan of the open bug database om minecraft.net

Ok, so I play a lot of video games
 Sue me
 :grin:

4 Likes

I agree. For now I created a Simulated presence sensor device to see it in my device list.

I have a custom DTH for the Whistle pet tracker, and that shows too. It is only mobile presence that is hidden for some reason.

Thanks. I agree with you about showing presence sensor as Device

1 Like

Does anyone know the answer to this?

@jody.albritton

Really wish you could change the icons in the New App. I have no idea what device is what using my current naming structure.

The Contact and Motion are obvious (well although the Motion looks like a Contact :man_shrugging:t5:) but the other 3 Switches
:eyes::eyes::eyes:

These devices are paired to Hubitat but mirrored in ST using HubConnect so the icons are messed up.

Classic App:

Before someone suggest to just shorten the name, it’s not that simple. Everyone is trained to use: “Name of Room” “Device Name”

“Downstairs Bathroom” “Fan”
“Downstairs Bathroom” “Light”
“Upstairs Bathroom” “Door”
“Master Bathroom” “Motion”

We have the same devices in multiple rooms so it just makes sense to name it that way for ease of use using Alexa.

9 Likes

+100

Device naming is INCREDIBLY important when integrating with Voice Assistants
 Well that or spend literally HOURS renaming stuff in the voice assistant app - only to have it overwritten when someone say - updates the skill
 Those tiles need a word wrap or SOMETHING. I was going to submit this feature request after some of the hotter issues were fixed, but since you brought it up
 :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Just a heads-up
 if you are using both apps, and have STHM in ST (v3), when you got to click the “migrate this location” in ST Classic - it will fail when migrating your SHM. It happened to me. It moved all my Routines, but nothing in SHM. ST Classic told me that I already had STHM set up, so it couldn’t migrate until I deleted STHM, and gave me the option to retry again. I did have STHM “installed” in ST v3, but I think it was by default when the app was installed, and I never had anything set up to run in it. I was hesitant to delete STHM (b/c I wasn’t sure if the migration tool would actually re-create it from SHM, and I didn’t know if I could get STHM back safely/stabley), so I selected the ST Classic Migration Tool option to just delete SHM, and I manually re-created my setup in STHM. At least the migration tool thinks I’m complete now.

FWIW
 I debated on a soft migration vs using the migration bar/link, and opted for the latter
 hoping that I’d be “checked off the list” when they push that button for everyone in a month or two, and it wouldn’t screw up the work I’m doing now to get everything running as it did before. Who knows if I chose wisely or not. :thinking:

1 Like

If they are custom DTH, define ocfDeviceType in the metadata:

2 Likes

FYR, OCF is doing to be depricated, VID’s is the way to go.

4 Likes

They are still processing PRs with them getting updated, so it must not be any time soon.

1 Like