Get ready to make the switch!

Any update on Simplisafe integration with new app?

Also was hoping to see Inovelli dual channel outlet integration.

1 Like

Got the email today letting me know that it’s time for me to migrate to the new app.

Not sure if it’s been announced yet but my email states that the Classic app will be discontinued on October 14th.

That’s correct - Classic app will be sunset on 14 October which is a little over 2 months from when the most advanced users should have received the sunset banner. There are a number of other changes that we’re starting to make all related to winding down legacy architecture and improving platform stability. The full announcement is on this thread: Updates to the SmartThings Platform

Happy to answer any questions on that other thread.

2 Likes

At this point, smartthings has published their API, and it is up to the device manufacturers to create an integration if they choose to do so. So you should contact simplisafe and ask them if they intend to add a smart things integration.

Thanks JDRoberts.

1 Like

Oh How I love Scrolling past my 150 Hue Smart Bulbs to get to other Rooms, because someone decided we need this new App because the old one works perfect
 So let’s change it

You would have more time to Code stuff like allowing me to get to the other 2 Ring Cameras I have if you weren’t wasting time on a Complete Re-Write that Everyone seems to dislike

6 Likes

have you tried putting them in lighting groups and/or hiding the ones that aren’t important?

1 Like

On the dashboard, you can rearrange/sort rooms and devices as you choose. You can also hide any of them. Click on More Options (3 dots in the upper right of the screen) and choose Edit.

As thoroughly upset as I am about having to migrate off the classic app and backend, I’m happy that there is finally a hard and clear deadline for my migration.

Thank you!

2 Likes

Quick question!

I re-created my routines as automations in the new app a while ago, before the location could be used in both “IF” and “THEN” sections. Now I have automations with the location in the “THEN” part, but when I edit it, I can’t add location to the “IF” part. Do I have to delete the automation and re-create to be able to put the location in both parts?

Yes they are in “Basement” etc

Old App has a “Rooms” Tab on it. Right there at the Top when I go to MyHome
New App has basically “The Things Tab” as the Home Screen
 Shame on me for having 300+ Things

New App Has Everything off the 3 Slashes in the Top Left of the Menu.
The Old way is more intuitive, everyone in the House got it without explanation.
If it Needs Explanation, you did a So-So Job at Your Job. IMHO
Changing for Change Sake is

1 Like

Thanks for the Suggestion, but already have done that.
The Home Screen is still the Un-Caterogized Things Tab, with a Label above each Category (Room)
I have a TON of Things unfortunately
 So the Home Screen is Mostly Useless & I need to hit the darn Menu button for EVERYTHING I want to do.
#UnIntuitive #KeepACustomerByTorturingACustomer

The issue is that the new app has an immense amount of waste of screen real estate. I shouldn’t have to scroll so much, this is just bad design. I have Rooms, just like on the old app. Doesn’t matter. Too much waste.

Problem is, this is the Samsung UI model so it isn’t going anywhere.

1 Like

The home screen is not the uncategorized things tab - THAT is Hamburger Menu > Devices (Yes I have ~200 devices in my setup and had the same disconnect as you when I started), I can’t find ANYHTING!

First thing I did was go hide all but my most used rooms (5 rooms of 20) and the most used devices in each room on the home screen (Usually the main light, a ceiling fan, maybe a lock or window covering).
You can probably count the stuff you interact with daily on one hand) Then I used a LOT of scenes to represent my most common settings and set those as favorite. Now the screen resembles what my homescreen used to look like on Classic. It’s not perfect - but it’s workable.

Now if they’d stop automatically randomly popping up the stupid discover crap / Guide panel for my Samsung Smart TV that I’ve hidden about a BILLION times I’d be pretty OK with it.

And then you logout and login (as directed by support) and you lose all that. And you have to do it again. I didn’t bother to do it again for 140 devices. It’s just too painful, and the knowledge that it might get reset again just means it’s not worthwhile.

1 Like

Sadly not.

A particular ‘favourite’ is the grey tile announcing ‘No favourite devices’. It is unclear what information such a tile is perceived to convey that couldn’t be equally well conveyed by not having a tile at all and saving the space.

5 Likes

All my custom handler device tiles on classic app favorites page are now grey, no more colors.

Is there a procedure somewhere to properly migrate to the new app? I want to be in control of this and not wait for everything to go down and end up with nothing

2 Likes

@JDCH do you really want to expose your email to the public in your profile? :slight_smile: just asking

1 Like

@jkp Thanks! Wow, didn’t notice that.

1 Like