Get ready to make the switch!

In theory, my locks didnt convert as i was using lock manager from rboy (I reinstalled them and reconfigured them)

Presence sensors dont convert correctly … ie the rules for “thing start happening”, everyone has left, xx arives, converted actions to scenes and the checking to automations but the automatiions dont work with presence sensors/members. They said when unknown arrives etc.
You can edit them to use device control /presence sensor /arrived instead, but with the bug in the automations with the precondition not always being enforced you have to write new rules for the “when things start happening” one for each motion sensor.

Smart lighting rules also did not convert over and I had to redo those.

Also, I have found that if you are using any custom device handlers many will need to be modified to display the correct info in the dashboard and sometimes in the detail view.

so as it appears your mileage may vary

I just did the migration and it seems it pretty much blew up my home security system that I spent many hours and much $$ to perfect it over the past 5 years.

• Smart Lock Guest access doesn’t have a way to stop push notifications. I had to delete it so I don’t get a notification everytime someone locks and unlocks the doors. I’ll have to reinstall it if I have to change pin codes for my Schlage smart locks.

• My Iris keypad no longer works which is a huge inconvenience, especially for less tech savvy residents. The only way to arm and disarm the system now is by using an app on a device. The biggest drawback of this is, if my wifi goes down, my system is no longer stand alone. Essentially I have no way of controlling the burglar system when wifi goes offline.

• “Action Tiles V6” is also dead. It was a really slick interface on a tablet that allows me to operate and monitor everything in the house, not just stuff attached to the alarm system. The Sonos system was controlled by Action Tiles too.

SpenT an hour on the phone with Cammie at Samsung tech support. Although she was trying her best, there is no resolution in sight for these things and I cannot seem to migrate back to the classic app.

Very disappointed in Samsung and their anti competitive tactics in rolling out this new app. I may be looking for a replacement for the hub now.

Has anyone solved some of these things?

FYI to those using webcore…

If you have any pistons calling routines or setting SHM status, you will need to update your pistons as they will cease to run properly after you migrate :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Thanks! I really appreciate that feedback.

Almost forgot I have a few Core pistons still in use that trigger on routines… so I expect those to stop working as well. Not a big deal but good to find out in advance.

Yes ok, but when we get a banner to convert the assumption is everything will convert…
Maybe links saying what will not. In fact my conversion on one location would not even finish till i basically removed all smartapps ie lock manager etc, and remove all shm stuff.

I am holding off on the other location conversion when I AM BACK at that location.

My bad… I wrote Lock Manager above but it is actually Smart Locks

1 Like

I use Action Tiles too but have seen no changes on my end. So, I must assume that you’re doing some things that I am not?

1 Like

It seems to just be the alarm system mode change that’s not working. Can’t put it in night, home and away modes

Hi Larry,

As @JKP says, the conversion only does the standard ST lock manager. I’m also using RBoy’s Lock User Manager (LUM) and DTH and they were not changed during the transition - and they are able to provide more information too.

FIXED: logged out and back into the new app and all devices were there. YAY!

I’ve been having the “retry” error where the things page doesn’t work in the classic app. so, I went ahead and did the migration on the classic app. previously i was running the new app in parallel to the classic app. though once i migrated and opened the new app, now all the devices are gone and it wants me to add a device. OMG, is this right?

Can you say which screen in the new app the phone presence appears in? Darned if I can find it, and SmartThings is taking a bit WAF hit as a result.

My arrival and departure automations have been flaky so say the least.

@Technodad Sorry for confusion. What I meant was that the device name of the phone when used for presence changed between the classic and new apps.

Some aspects of the migration seemed to use the old name and some the new which I think is part of the problem with presence. I deleted the phone device from the classic app and went through everything in the new app making sure the new name is the one being used plus removing any setting of state in scenes.

So I now do detecting presence change and updating state flags & invoking scenes in automations. Some actions on presence change can be done in smartapps though

As you say you cant see the current presence state in the app (or test logic very easily) but you can see the phone device in the web app under location/devices. Then under that device you can inspect the presence flag

After double-checking the geo boundary in the app you can test the presence logic and see the events recorded under location/events to debug.

1 Like

I wish I would have known before migrating that Android beta 11 was not supported. I have been in the Android beta program since it started. So I get the banner saying its ready for me so I migrate to the new app and things seem to be working for about a day then I notice I can’t see any info on any of my Visonic sensors ( I have about 10 that worked fine in the old app) it says “Cant connect to device. Check device then try again” so I report this issue and BOOM! all of my devices vanish. I report that issues and get told that android beta 11 is not supported , revert back to Android 10 or use another phone, neither of which are a possibility. So now the new app is completely useless to me. I am still trying to use the old app but certain things like being able to turn off my alarm no longer work in the old app. Also a day later I get a reply about the Visonic sensors saying they are not supported.

Thanks for clarifying. I ended up completely removing and replacing my and my wife’s phone using the new app, so this fits with your findings. It still took ~1 day before the presence automation started working, though.

After a fair amount of fiddling with presence and locks, I’ve mostly made the switch to the new app. However, I still have one automation that does not work, and that is the one that was migrated from the classic “Things quiet down” routine.

The sequence I’m trying to achieve is IF it is between 10 PM and midnight AND mode is "home" AND no activity on a motion sensor for 20 minutes THEN perform scene "good night" (which turns off lights, locks doors, and sets the mode to "night") and send a notification. Screen shots of the automation and the scene:

Anyone had similar problems? Any advice?

Interesting. Mine is working see pics. Are you sure notion for 20 minutes. Try reducing time . Also check that one of the motion sensors us nit stuck on which sometimes happens. Also I have a backup rule that fires later regardless of motion if mode is home.

I see the problem use the option for location mode and make it a precondition. I t should appear at top of rule like mne.

Yep, just noticed the difference and have changed the mode check to a precondition - thanks. I’ve also knocked the timeout down to 15 minutes - much less isn’t going to work for my floor plan.

The motion sensor is not stuck, BTW. I checked the device history and see both the “motion” and “no motion” messages. I’ve waited for up to one hour after the last “no motion” message without the automation running.

Try version 2.17 of the Android app.