Get ready to make the switch!

Probably the best option would be to set up an automation to send a notification or sms (assuming sms is available in your region) when a user’s location changes

Option 2: use life360 (which needs to be set up from the Classic app) and it displays in the new app

Hmmm ok let me research life360

I have 2 locations on my account, but got a migrate notifications for only one of the locations. I want to migrate the other location as well, because it contains many routines I have set up. I am worried they will eventually get lost when the app deprecates. Can I force to (re-)migrate or initiate a migration? I emailed customer support, but Samsung’s support is just awful. They don’t even understand the question. Any help appreciated. Hendrik Greving

I’ve been manually migrating to the new app over the last six months, I received the notification last night, migrated this morning and so far its been a non event.

3 Likes

I have this waterfall in the backyard that turns On at sunrise with a delayed time.
Unfortunately the delayed timer didn’t migrate over

Hi Hendrik - thanks for the heads up. Migration is deployed by locationID so even though you haven’t seen the banner for the other location yet, you should within the next day or so. You’ll definitely have a chance to migrate before the Classic app goes away. There are pretty detailed instructions in the migration tool but if you have any additional questions, please feel free to post here again.

First off, sounds like a lovely backyard :slight_smile: I have landscape lights on a z-wave switch with automations for time of day and light level, which works great.

If your delay time was >60 minutes, it will not migrate over as the new app only allows up to a 60 min delay. The app migration tool in the classic app should have provided an error message explaining that. You should be able to set up a similar automation with a sunrise +/- 60 min delay or set for a specific time or other trigger in the rule builder.

1 Like

Only if you have routines, smart home monitor settings or lock code management settings in the Classic app that you haven’t manually moved to the new app. Otherwise, just keep using the new app.

If you used smart home monitor (SHM) in the Classic app in the past, I would highly recommend that you either uninstall that SmartApp or remove any settings to make sure it doesn’t trigger without you realizing it.

1 Like

Just remember that you have to remove any individual SHM automations before deleting SHM itself or they may continue to run. :scream:

2 Likes

Thank you!

Blake thanks for the Response
I took the time in going over the New app this morning
Scenes
Goodmorning
Home
Devices- specifically the waterfall

I could not find any delayed timer setting up to 60 minutes that you spoke of

It only allows 7 day a week setting which day to turn On. Nothing beyond that

Can you clarify if possible? I wasn’t able to find that delayed time setting with my scenes/automation

Thankyou
TL

Of course - see screen shot below. It’s in the time trigger section of the rule builder.

Blake thankyou
I see that timer now… only under the device section.

I did not see any delayed timer in the
Scenes/-Goodmorning -Home setting

I have my waterfall set to Only turn On if we are Home. In the Classic app the turn On function was delayed. Not so in the New App

New app under device i can only see a schedule to turn on/off 7days a week and yes the timer delay. It would be nice if it had a setting Only to turn On of we are Home/present

Or did I completely miss something?
Here is a few screen shots

Thankyou in advance

You’re on the right track with this. Since you already have your “Home” Scene set up the way you want, I would create an automation that uses “Member Location” as the trigger (IF) and the “Home” scene as the action (THEN). When you select “Member Location”, there’s an advanced section at the bottom of the screen which allows you to set the delays.

1 Like

Wow
There’s a reason why you’re here and I am still a beginner.

Can i add you as a friend? LoL

Let me get at this…and get this working

Thankyou!

1 Like

Just started getting the ‘Migrate’ message in my beloved Classic App.

How long do I have before I absolutely, positively, must move over? When does it simply stop working?

1 Like

I’ve been getting the message to switch over to the new app too. I’m and old wink user and just switched to smartthings a couple months ago, and started off in the new app, not even knowing there was a “classic app”. As I started diving into the more advanced features, like custom DTH’s, smartapps, and webcore, I realized the new app just doesn’t work with all the advanced and custom features developers have implemented. Fortunately, many developers are actively updating, but there to me still are limitations preventing me from ditching the old app completely now. The main reason I hold onto the old app is favorites. The favorites makes it easy to check on my doors and lock/unlock or open/close them. This is the main thing I use the app for as everything else is generally controlled with automations or alexa. So below is a screenshot of side by side comparison showing how for this instance the old app is clearly better. The new app forces me to dig into the device with extra clicks to unlock a door. That’s not intuitive to someone, like my wife, that is not a computer person. Intuitive is you click the lock and it unlocks. Also, there were many more colors showing status and action in the old app that just isn’t in the new app. That to me is a step backwards. I’m sure developers will continue working to update their custom code, but this to me seems like its more of an issue with the new app that no matter what the developer does will still look and work better in the old one. I would hope that these things, mainly favorites and tiles showing live actions, could be integrated into the new app to make the switch, but for now, I’m going to stick with the old one until it dies.

3 Likes

I was very surprised today when I received the migration banner. I have so many smart apps and custom DHTs and devices that SmartThings doesn’t have a device type for. So I was taken back. I can’t afford that these devices stop functioning.

3 Likes

My daughter somehow managed to hit the “migrate” button. So now my classic app is inaccessible. Ffs.

Best start sorting out the leap to hubit - so much to reconfigure.

Ffs

2 Likes

Did you try the new app? Don’t knock it until you’ve tried it…

3 Likes