Get ready to make the switch!

Right. It isn’t ideal by any stretch. Hopefully the incoming changes for custom UI will allow the dev to make a plugin that has both switch and media player tiles, for example. And then hopefully in the future, before Classic is deprecated, full custom capabilities and UI for those capabilities will be supported. Classic isn’t being deprecated today.

I even wonder if anybody in this forum is in the group getting the banner today? By nature of being here, we’re more than “basic” users that the migration is starting with.

5 Likes

You must be joking… @Rboy have you seen that? Let’s run a poll how many people uses ST with unsupported cameras.

What camera integration are you using with the Classic ST app?

• @Rboy’s Foscam integration
  • @pstuart’s Generic Camera Device using local connection
  • Any other “unsupported” camera integration
  • Official SmartThings supported camera integration

0 voters

1 Like

That is SHM in the Classic ap.

Any advice on how to best identify these rebuilt DTHs? The drop-down list in IDE is pretty long this days.

4 Likes

I would like to see this DTH of modified to work in the new app. A lot of us use this DTH for our Osram lightify strips:

And this one for The osram lightify gardenspots:

4 Likes

From what I understand, this is a one-way migration of Routines, SHM, and Lock Code Manager… meaning that if someone uses the migration / transition tool, there is no way to directly access the ‘legacy’ Routines, SHM, or Lock Code Manager anymore, right?

We really need the STHM endpoints exposed under the new API. I understand there are security considerations for this, but SHM integration is popular in community apps like SharpTools.io, ActionTiles, and WebCoRE.

The provided workarounds are fine for power users, but normal users want direct access to STHM without jumping through hoops. :smiley:

9 Likes

on that note - because of the way STHM works does that mean that this SmartApp wont be able to set ‘Stay’ mode whilst the Vacs are running?

On SHM, yes, on STHM not currently.

Hopefully the incoming changes for custom UI will allow the dev to make a plugin that has both switch and media player tiles, for example.

To be strictly fair, the Logitech Media Server and Player DTHs that I wrote show a switch and music (not media) player tiles, but that is all. And it is inconsistent. These only show play/pause, volume and mute. I have another old device I tried to activate to see if it worked, completely forgot it had music player capability, and it has a complete music player tile, complete with next/previous track and track description. I have zero idea why they are different.

My big point is the things that make my DTHs useful are the ability to do custom things, turn on and off shuffle, start a playlist, etc. Until this mythical metadata shows up, classic and webcore are the only ways to do those things. Here’s hoping.

5 Likes

I’m using the native life360 smartapp and it isn’t showing up in the new app. I use it in a lot of my automations.

Is this permanent?

3 Likes

Do Aeon power meters still work?

Open the menu, select the gear in the top right corner, select connected services

I also use it a lot.

1 Like

Thank you! Life saved! Lol

2 Likes

Fibaro RGBW controler in new app has bugs and missing features
One bug i found, Energy consumption, tap to show graph, tap day, UI crashes out to main device page
2nd bug, the device is active and working but not showing any live info in the device UI at all.
Also UI is missing colour options available natively from controler, example; Police, fireplace, storm… and so on

Xiaomi temperature humidity sensor only shows info in device history, the UI for the device shows a list of capabilities all of which are empty of any info

And PLEASE can we have some better background images, I am sick of stupid plants and generic blandness and maybe a drop shadow on buttons to give a better look

3 Likes

A little thing, but something I’d like to see in the new app is more icons for Scenes. Right now it’s extremely limited. There isn’t even a “lightbulb” icon for a lighting-based Scene, probably one of the most common scenes people would create. Don’t really want to use “stars” for everything.

3 Likes

Isn’t the current access to, and control of, the SHM mode just something someone discovered how to do once, and so somewhat ‘unofficial’? That’s how I interpreted it when I read some old Community posts.

I’ve always thought that the only things that should be able to broadcast or change the SHM or STHM modes are SHM and STHM themselves. I know they aren’t security products by a long stretch, but it just seems all a bit back to front.

1 Like

It allows you to use presence but you don’t get all of the functionality if you were to use ST presence. The biggest thing I noticed was that there is no delay when we leave. It happens now. It hasn’t been a problem.

I’ve been using Life360 with @arnb SHM Delay to arm and disarm STHM using location mode. It’s been working well, as long as you set it up with classic. There is a bug where the new app is leaving child apps incomplete when saved.

1 Like

It wasn’t so long ago that we’d be lucky to get the initial announcement, so to have you actively engaging with the feedback is incredibly welcome. Same goes for all the staff who now seem totally comfortable engaging with us on the community, whereas in the past there was often a whiff of “we aren’t really supposed to do this and this is totally unofficial, but …” about their much less frequent involvement. I can only speak for myself, but it has been the main reason I have gone from fearing I’d backed the wrong horse in SmartThings, to feeling relatively positive and confident about it.

9 Likes

No kidding, you’re doing great so far :slight_smile:

Am also very interested in this since many of the DTH’s use this feature

Really looking forward to this so an not to disappoint almost half a million ST users. Crucially missing is the ability to stream live video (apart from custom controls).

7 Likes

They just added some that I noticed a week or two ago. The whole bottom row here is new.

@bamarayne just don’t delete Life360 for any reason. There is no way to add it back.

2 Likes