Get ready to make the switch!

That’s because of your DTH
Search my previous posts to find a thread with the fix.

2 Likes

I also posted the fix on the power node topic yesterday.

After making the change you need to delete the child devices and let the handler re-create them.

My minimote button controllers work, but in the new app the device displays a single button labelled standby. In the classic app the device displayed all the buttons and you could control things.

Is there a replacement device handler which displays the minimote buttons like the classic app?

Sadly we have lost the custom GUI for these remotes. I always uese KYSEs Remote DTH. I think this is due to the custom cpabilities not being implementet yet.
We also need the original dev (or an adopter) to update the DTH or it goes nowhere.

Get used to that, especially in the coming year when Groovy is sunset and all custom code needs to be rewritten.

1 Like

If I switch to KYSEs Remote DTH, does it have a custom GUI which displays the buttons for the minimote?

No. When the old app was turned off that ceased to function.

After reading that long list of nonsense, how about reality: it’s slower, it’s not as flexible, It’s not as accurate.
…ever think of an alphabetical list? (no not the silly one that they pointed me to, you have to leave it to make them function and they don’t tell you what state they’re in. I hope they were embarrassed about it and weren’t really that ignorant) Oh wait you had one in the old app, apparently y’all didn’t try it before you built a new one. I had rooms on the old app never use them! And, you were able to change the icons the color change to show what state they’re in. Support simply tells you to try 5 things and in a few days they’ll get back to you and give you10 more things to try. I have over 100 devices, If I didn’t have so much money invested in this I would’ve thrown your app in the trash!

The old app was like a 2021 Dodge ram the new app is like a 1984 Chevy. I’m guessing your staffs under orders to pretend it’s great, like saying “oh we do have an alphabetical list”

At this point, the worst thing that happened to Smartthings when it was sold to Samsung.

4 Likes

If your customers are looking for stability, and I am one of them, I had it with the old app I’ve had nothing but instability with the new one.
I’m guessing it might’ve been hard but maybe you should’ve beta a tested this with a larger group of people and got it fixed before you Forced it on people.
My Zooz Motion sensors used to always work now the sensors are dropping off the network, I try to delete it, three clicks it says it’s removed, I see something flash at the bottom of the screen about the server, A bug within a bug it doesn’t let the warning stay up long enough to read it! apparently it’s not remove why would you have the system say it’s removed before the system verifies it’s removed? I’m coming across dozens of little bugs like these.
My iPad with tiles on it in the living room wall, have blanks all over because things are disappearing. That’s not stability.

3 Likes

Here’s my recommendation. It is a bit time consuming though…

1. Remove the Minimote from SmartThings and re-add it while near the hub. Until I did this, I had some weird problems, so I highly recommend it.
  2. Create Scenes for each of the button Pressed & Held triggers: up to 8 Scenes. Having scenes makes it easier if you need to reconfigure later.
  3. Open the Device for your new Minimote. It should show all 4 buttons and Pressed and Held action assignments. If not, use the IDE and change the device type to "Aeon Minimote.
  4. Create the actions. Choose to Run Scene and you can assign the previously defined Scenes.

Good luck

I use to be able to to tell which smart apps were connected to a device, making it easy to disconnect before replacing a device. As far as I can tell, the only place to do this now is in the IDE? Am I missing something? If not, bringing that feature back to the device settings screen would be helpful.

5 Likes

The IDE actually only shows Groovy smartapps. It doesn’t show automations, endpoints apps, etc. So even it isn’t a complete picture.

4 Likes

Good point. I see Groovy and other linked apps like IFTTT but nothing on the automation side.

We’re very aware of the need for this and planning for it. I will add that personally, as a user with a LOT of devices and a lot of different types of integrations that I’m testing at any given time, I agree that this is a must have feature.

12 Likes

Thanks Blake. I’ve lead a number of agile and waterfall app dev efforts and understand the challenges with releases, prioritization, testing and managing expectations throughout. It seems like the community has a number of passionate customers with some very good suggestions and it sounds like they’re being heard. I think for some of us, this has been a long journey taking two steps forward and one step back without a lot of visibility into the core strategy. I’m sure that ownership/leadership changes coupled with rapidly evolving technology and security standards is preventing smartthings from being as nimble as it once was but communication and predictability are key. Of the companies I’ve worked with, SalesForce.com does a pretty good job with release management, reliable, predictable, flexible in the face of massive cloud paradigm shifts. It might be worth ST exploring how they’ve been able to drive rapid change, good case study for sure.

That is good to know, but I do hope that it will be a feature that is exposed in the API. Far too much requires the app already (I’d say that whatever I thought of the app).

Communication, communication, communication
The achelies heel of many a company

3 Likes