Get ready to make the switch!

At least they are consistent :rofl:

1 Like

The new app runs on the Samsung S20 FE with no problems (as far as I can tell).

it is working fine on Galaxy S9+

I think Adrain [@ady624] has worked for ST for a long time. > 1 year

1 Like

After migration there are several devices that are not available in the new app, however I can see them in the IDE.
I have reached out to support on 3 occasions over the last 4 weeks and have had no response. Have Samsung given up on this!?

1 Like

Try changing the device type in IDE and update, then change back to the original device type and save.

unfortunately i have tried this multiple times with no luckā€¦

Does everyone keep getting these emails even after you already migrated? I already made the switch weeks ago and I still get the action required emails. Just got one right now.

Makes me a bit concerned that I still get these:

SmartThings Classic will be discontinued [on October 14] at which point you will be unable to use or access the application.

Migrate your Classic settings to the new SmartThings app in the next 7 days to ensure a smooth transition of your smart home experience.

2 Likes

Theyā€™re just spamming the entire customer base - theyā€™re not targeting people who arenā€™t migrated.

4 Likes

I guess I am ready for the switch.

I uninstalled the Classic App from my phone and tablet. I never did ā€œmigrateā€ per se, I just deleted routines in the old app and set up new automations and scenes in the new app.

I do rely heavily on the SmartLighting SmartApp for local execution of automations.

3 Likes

I was about to do the same thing, but I found out that custom SHM rules from the old app can only (notify me if door has been left open for x minutes) be recreated through the migration. See this thread for details.

remember to add extra additional rooms (Z1, Z2, Z3, etc.) over 20 in the old app before it goes away as the new app limits you to creating 20 rooms.

Should be 20? I am able to add 20 in the iOS app before hitting the limit.

1 Like

oops, you are right, its 20, forgot.

Thanks for that info, but I have no custom SHM rules. The only SHM devices I have are Smoke/CO detectors.

I donā€™t get why under New App I get less capabilities exposed in the device page than I do on Classic., same device, same device driver, driver provided by ST for the device.

For example: ecobee thermostat in Classic I have features that I use a lot, like RESUME and REFRESH as buttons on the device page. Nada on New App.

1 Like

Wow, thanks for this. I had no knowledge of this limitation. I was already at 20, so added a few more. At 28 now.

Any other important things like this we should be aware of or do before classic is gone forever?

possibly the device handler needs to be updated for the new app to show more

We were promised parity with the Classic app before it was retired but itā€™s not happening.

12 Likes

Nope sadly not, at this point it does look like some devices either wonā€™t work or will work but limited to the point of useless

3 Likes