SmartThings Community

Geeni Products - Why no support?

(Ben) #1

Geeni has a bunch of decent products on the market at budget friendly prices. They’ve recently released a new line also. Is there a reason we don’t have support for them? Maybe they don’t provide an API? I don’t know, but I would really like to use their RGB bulbs and multi-outlet power strips in SmartThings without having to run though IFTTT which doesn’t support colors…

Thanks for listening.

(ActionTiles.com co-founder Terry @ActionTiles; GitHub: @cosmicpuppy) #2

You might as well be asking why no support for: [insert name of any of 1000’s of different smart products here].

I’ve never heard of Geeni. There are plenty of even more popular unsupported products. And plenty of supported ones.

If you want Geeni to be integrated with SmartThings, reach out to Geeni to ask them to integrate.

-> Integrations are the responsibility of the device manufacturer; not SmartThings.

(Chris Wilson) #3

Support for these devices is possible. I was going to port my solution over but then I gave my hub to my brother. So nothing to test with. I can say with confidence minimal changes would be necessary as it started life in ST before I moved on.

It is not pretty but gets the job done reliably. I had actually hoped someone with more skills than I would pick it up and run with it.

And yes geeni falls in with these devices as well as likely many many others.

(Jake Seaton) #4

I’m pretty sure there is an IFTTT integration. So you could use that as a middle man.