Gear S2 app

You must like getting spammed a lot. Or did you mean to PM your address to Tyler?

Tyler, for the life if me I canā€™t figure out how to PM on here. Iā€™d like to give the beta a try. I have smartthings from day 1, a samsung galaxy s7 edge and the gear s2. Message me and Iā€™ll send you my samsung account info. Thanks!!

Just click on Tylerā€™s profile, then message.

Thatā€™s what I would have thought. maybe my login doesnā€™t have permissions to PM? I donā€™t have any message button when I go to his profile.

It does look like you donā€™t have permissionā€¦

Hi Tyler, can you sign me up for beta please? Thanks

Iā€™ve been considering buying the SmartThings starter pack since before I got my gear s2. Lack of interoperability has stopped me. I made an account to state this as I feel like I canā€™t be the only person interested in the product holding off until the support promised much earlier arrives.

1 Like

I am also unable to send a PM for the beta testing. Please let me know what email to send my request to. Thanks!

I have still not received my beta information for Gear S2 for SmartThings.
How do I get this?

What I find funny is no one has comment on how the beta isā€¦

1 Like

I had an email telling me they would send me details about beta version,
but I have received nothing. I suspect that is why no one has commented on
the beta version - no-one has been able to get it.

Many internal - by invitation only - betas come with an NDA. Just sayinā€™ and no I am not part of this betaā€¦

Not everyone who requested access was granted access. If you received an email from me that same email was confirmed to have been added to the beta. Iā€™ve gotten a few messages that folks didnā€™t receive the email from Samsung Galaxy Apps afterwards. If you received an email from me but not the Samsung Galaxy Apps email, please check the Galaxy App store for the Samsung Gear S2 app.

well that sucks :stuck_out_tongue: my email from here was registered which is a different email that I registered for my samsung account so the wrong email account was registered for the beta o.o samsung wont let me create a samsung account with this email because it begins with admin which is an email they do not allow o.o

hi

Iā€™ve read on Sammobile forum that the ARTIK platform is integrated with Gear S2 and that Smartthings is also integrated with ARTIK so we could control Smartthings devices through Gear S2.

I canā€™t find how ARTIK is connected to Smartthings. Is there a way to do that ?

Thanks.

Hi,

So I got the email saying I will be added to the beta programme, I have not received the email so far from samsung, but going by what you said earlier about going to the store and searching for the app it wonā€™t work for me as my samsung account is a Gmail account I was forced to create when I purchased my 1st android phone and that is all I use it for, the email address I have set up here is my usual personal account. Am I able to message you my Gmail 1 so that the correct one gets activated?

I have just done it and managed to turn my lights on from my watch, you are able to set rules in artik too which at the minute the drop down list doesnā€™t cater for exactly what I need but itā€™s a start.

To add artik to smart things open your smartthings app click market place, then tap the smart apps tab at the top, click samsung home and you should then be able to click artik. Enter your login, click your devices and your all done, go back to your artik page on your Web browser and all your devices should be listed.

I have tried ARTIK now but itā€™s not really useful.
Gear S2 can only get switches & lights.
And there is too much delay.

This is a bummer. I keep checking the Samsung app store everyday hopingā€¦

I was told I would have beta access. I emailed again to get it and again
they said they would get someone to contact me. I too check the Samsung app
store regularly. Very disappointed.

1 Like