GE smart switch , sold by Home Depot , software by Avi-on

I bought 5 of these smart switches at $50 each about 4 years ago. I control my outlets via iPhone Avi-on app. They are made by Jasco and software is by AVI-ON, but not the software is not supported and I can’t control any of my outlets. I have called Avi and Jasco and they don’t have any answers. any suggestions,

Are they Wi-Fi, Z-Wave, Zigbee, or something else?

Bluetooth.

The Avi-on Home app enables customers of GE-branded Bluetooth devices to operate in-wall and plug-in switches using their smartphone. Avi-on no longer has a contractual relationship with the manufacturer, Jasco Products, or any duty to support GE by Jasco Products, and these products are no longer being sold. Avi-on continues to support these devices solely as a courtesy to existing users.

Unfortunately, it’s unlikely that we’ll be able to help you here. This forum was set up a number of years ago so that customers could help other customers with the Samsung SmartThings ™ Home automation platform, so all of the questions and answers are assumed to be in that context.

Although there are identical looking devices made by Jasco that work with the Z wave or Zigbee protocols, and those are very popular in this community, the Bluetooth versions never did work with SmartThings. So there aren’t any SmartThings workarounds available for the models that you have.

You might get more help at the Reddit Home Automation subforum. They cover all brands and models.

https://www.reddit.com/r/homeautomation/

1 Like