GE Pluggable Light Switch - Enabling Load Sensing Step by Step

for those looking for the code bits to do it without the remote see this thread:

it’s actually about adjusting the lamp rates on wall dimmers. But the concept is the same for changing any zwave parameters

you could change the dim parameters, load sensing, all on /all off support, etc. Anything with a parameter.

Basically get pajaroblanco’s code.

do “from code” and past his code in.

if you want to change dim rate parameters then edit his code with the write numbers (I believe they have it set for fastest dim rate)

If you want to enable load sensing then comment out his configurationSet lines and add in one like i did to change parameter 29.

Myself I renamed the thing at "definition (name: " to “enhanced lamp module” so i wouldn’t confuse myself later. and if you are really into it you can change the label on the new setting tile.

Save, publish. Then in the ide go to my devices and change the device type for you lamp modules to “enhanced lamp module” or wahtever you named it.

Now on your phone open the device and you’ll see a new tile there to set the settings- hit the tile. Nothing really seems to happen but it does it’s thing in the background.

PS- I’ve used vera for years (it was too complicated for me to code anything- yet I’m here in smarthings land for 2 days and figured out how to “code” something if you want to call it that- laughing. Anyway the GE, ACT, Schlage, etc versions of this device that all look the same are all the same inside. The same parameter change will make any of them load sense. I’ve got some of each “brand”

2 Likes