GE, Networx, Interlogix Caddx NX8 security System Integration?

(Chris Bunting) #102

Can you send me the info on the board for the nx-8e? I’d like to get one for an integration but can’t send you a PM

thanks!

(Reid) #103

@LeeFL I am a DIY’er and I find your setup very intriguing.
I have been trying to setup a Wemos D1 to connect to my NX-8E via the serial port but I have not been very successful. I would be very appreciative it you might share some of the basic part of your code to get me started in the right direction.
I too, like @cbunting, am new to this forum and I am not sure I can send IM messages yet.
thank you for any help you can provide.

Thanks,
Reid

(Reid) #104

I was also wondering, you state in you instructions that there are ‘electronics’ in the serial cable connecting the D1 to the rs-232, can you tell me what these electronics do exactly? I have not seen anything like that on any other setup.
Thanks,
Reid

Replying via PM

Hi LeeFL,

I cannot PM since I’m new to this board. I’m interested in buying your package. I do have a couple questions but I don’t want to clutter the main thread. Could you PM be when you get a chance? Thanks!

(Casey) #107

@LeeFL Hi. I bookmarked this page back the first part of 2018. Just revisited it, glad to see it’s still active. I’m ready to order your kit, but like others I can’t initiate PM. FYI. Bought my house in 2003 has a NX-8 installed with mostly wireless zones. The primary reason I want to use the existing sensors vs. installing a bunch of z-wave ones is longevity. The batteries in the alarm system sensors last 5-10 years between replacement. All the reading I’ve done on z-wave is battery changing every few months. The secondary reason is I’m cheap. If I already have a dozen sensors installed and working, why not use 'em. If it’s not broke, don’t fix it as they say.

I’ve been using it since 2003 as a local only alarm configuration. The original alarm monitoring company has long since gone out of business. Finally took the time this weekend to brute force the programming code. Now that I have it, I’m ready to tie it to my SmartThings! Looking forward to your response.

I’ve finally got around to updating the install doc properly for the v2 hardware.
The updated installation instructions can be found here:

Only the hardware install steps have been updated at this point.