GE, Networx, Interlogix Caddx NX8 security System Integration?

Hi George,

Great to see another Hubitat user with this working! I’ve also got LeeFL’s system installed and have had it running for a year or so.

I’ve posted my Driver and App code on github (https://github.com/michaelvandam/Networx-Alarm-System-Bridge) and started a thread a while back on Hubitat Community (https://community.hubitat.com/t/interlogix-networx-alarm-with-leef-automation-alarm-system-bridge/31927) for any questions/feedback specifically about Hubitat implementation.

I also based my code heavily on LeeFL’s. This project is very much a work in progress for me, but there is a primitive installer in the App code, which also adds device buttons (and handling code) for arming (home and away), disarming, panic button, and forced arming (e.g. to arm with some zones open for night use, or if you need to arm remotely and accidentally left something open).

1 Like

Also let me point out that all problems started when I migrated to the new app and removed the old app from all our phones. Now I’ve installed the old app again but it seems the issues remain.

I am using:
Alarm System Bridge - Dashboard
by LeeF Automation

Firmware Date: May 27 2018 - 17:39:28

and DTH Date: 2019-08-02

I would suggest restarting Smartthings, when this happens to me it tends to fix things for a while. Though the new app has made errors much more frequent

I’m away from home at the moment, but it might be worth updating the firmware version you’re using, and the device handler to match.

I still have both apps on my phone, but in theory removing the old (still better imho) app shouldn’t affect the update functionality.

A newer version should be back in this thread somewhere, or I can try to post a share link tonight if i can get it working via phone, or when back home on Thursday.

The other thing to try is to try going through the configure steps from the app again, since it’s possible that your SmartThings IP changed, and that’s why it’s not updating it (but can still respond to requests/commands) .
You could check this theory by checking the IP for Smartthings as reported by the device, with the actual IP address for your hub

I can try this. Restart by removing power and batteries or is there a more gentle way?

That’s what I do, and in fact I don’t even keep the batteries in it any more since I found they were always dead after a few months.
If it’s patchy performance or missed zone changes then a restart has proven a reliable fix for me. If you can’t get any comms at all (even after pressing refresh manually) then perhaps IP change or something else.

TBH I completely forgot that batteries were even a thing with it :wink:

Hi lee, I haven’t been on here in awhile since the bridge was working great. But my dsl Internet went to garbage when everybody started working from home so I shut down all my smartthings including the bridge for the alarm system. Now I have FTTH so I am trying to get it all back up and running but can not get the bridge to tak with the new router. Any help would be appreciated to reset it up

@LeeFL I updated the firmware and it seems to be working fine now. I will keep an eye on it for the next few days and I will let ou know if anything goes wrong.

Thanks again!

Great to hear @mpikounis.
I was just putting together a new build with some different logging, but perhaps it was an issue that I’d fixed already in a newer firmware version than the one you still had installed. I can’t recall what exactly that might have been, so it may have been an issue that got fixed when making some other change, or it could have been resolved by the act of updating somehow, but at least it seems to be working better for you now.

P.S. I just hadn’t realized before that you were still using an original firmware version, so hadn’t considered that as a difference between your system and others, though that still doesn’t explain why it suddenly stopped behaving properly.

Hi @Brian2
I’ll provide some support via IM, so as to not flood the thread (and for security issues, in case we need to discuss anything specific to your network setup etc)

I have just put together a new firmware build, which does have a fix that should make updating SmartThings with alarm/zone status more reliable in theory. With this change you may notice that the SmartThings app and automations update more responsively (it made a noticeable improvement for me)

02.13 firmware
https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/share/k4jNccsPyFTJ7015zNufbb5sMy7PLRJH9j6AJujWaO5

There is no need to update the Device Handler with this update, unless you have a particularly old version, but just in-case anyone is still on an old firmware/handler combo here’s the current device handler also.
https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/share/dsOSfEwLRTdrcxHohT5AIATJt3zorflvFk5ykutaAeT

LeeFL,
I have updated to the new firmware and the newest Device handler.
I have it all working in the SmartThings Classic app, as well it shows up in the new SmartThings App.
However, the new app seems to take a while to update the status of the contacts.
As well, the Primary device does not have the same interface as the Classic interface. The NEW app has only options of Off, Siren, Strobe, and Strobe and Siren.
Anyway to get the nice interface with different zones and Home/Away/Disarm?

Thanks,
Reid

There are some bugs still around in the new app, so not possible just yet, but Lee and I both use the same device handler so are working on a solution

Yup, as @cjcharles said it’s not yet possible to get the same button layout in the new app, due to issues with the new app framework, however the child zone devices are still accessible as separate devices.
I’m hopeful that we should soon have a solution that should allow users to configure everything just using a combination of the new app and the web interface, if users really want to move to solely using the new app, but for now the interface won’t be as nice.

(The new SmartThings app has been pretty disastrous for most developers tbh, and the SmartThings team management haven’t been responsive to, or supportive of, developers from what I’ve seen. Breaking support for integrations that have worked well for years, and forcing changes that nobody wanted, is not a good way to treat either users or developers imho)

1 Like

Thank you for the update.
Yes, I have seen issues with other devices I have that work in the Classic and not in the New app.

Thank you LeeFL and cjcharles

@LeeFL

So I have a nx8v2 and I couldn’t find a nx584e but saw that nx590e has some capabilities around automation. So I bought that and the most I can do is connect to it via dl900. I basically just want to be able to arm/disarm remotely and be able to get info from the unit on current status. I’m a software dev but with limited hardware experience. Have you had any luck with nx590 and automation (the installation docs to talk about automation server and ports) or am I out of luck and need to get a nx8e given the scarcity of nx584e?

Unfortunately I haven’t had the opportunity to dig into using the NX590 much. In theory it should be possible, but you’d still need a separate device in order to translate between the NX590 and SmartThings, with both devices being on the same network. My device was created specifically for the serial comms protocol, and while it would likely be possible to adapt my system to work with the NX590 I haven’t had the time to investigate it.
If you want something to work without having to invest time into your own solution, then yes I’d suggest considering switching to an NX8-e (for use with my system), since as you say the NX584e has become very scarce over the last year (since it’s discontinued and others have bought up the remaining stock it seems)

@LeeFL
I updated the firmware to 2.13 and the device handler to 2/16/20 as suggested when I lost all reporting from the Alarm Bridge upon transitioning to the new app. Now, when I follow the status of a door on the Alarm Bridge via its ip address, the updates occur several seconds after the door is opened or closed even with browser refreshing. Bridge response appears is very slow to be update from NX8E.

In the new ST app, the zone devices have not been created even though they show up correctly on the Alarm Bridge server with the exception of the smoke alarm (using the old Smoke device driver from 2018). I have tried to “Configure” and “Create Zone Devices” from the classic app but still not devices appear in the new app. Unfortunately the classis app will be inaccessible tomorrow I understand.

Admittedly, all I know to do in the new app is add the zones by selecting Devices and “Scan nearby” since there are no setting or tiles for Home Alarm device in the new app.

Thanks for your work on on this transition. Any help would be very appreciated especially about how to get the zones to show up in the new app.