GE Link dropping like flies

Exactly. Battery-operated devices do not normally repeat. It shortens battery life too much. Now if it’s a plug-in sensor it will repeat.

You can always write them and ask, but my guess is it is just code copied from another page.

You can also check the conformance statement. If it says “routing slave” it doesn’t repeat.

I will check. These look promising too, and can be hardwired…

UPDATE: Do not see either this Zooz sensor, or the Monorpice (plus) sensor) on the z-wave alliance site.

The zooz is described as an “indoor sensor” by the manufacturer, and it doesn’t look like it can handle rainy days.

Do not install the motion sensor in a place with direct sun exposure, high temperature or humidity

Also, it’s still a routing slave, so it won’t repeat.

http://products.z-wavealliance.org/products/1743/pics

So looks like I will go with the Monoprice.

As far as the GE Links, they really do work well. It certainly seems to be turning the power switch on and off that throws them off.

The odd thing is that it only un pairs them sometimes. Other times turning the power on and off has no effect on the pairing.

Odd

Yes, it’s a somewhat random problem. Turning the power off completely to the bulb does seem to make the problem occur more often, but it can occur even when the power has not been cut. It’s just a random issue where it seems to forget what network it belongs to. :disappointed_relieved: Not all bulbs, not all the time, but often enough to be annoying.

We have eight of the GE links and we have the problem two or three times a month. Not always the same bulb, not always the same fixture. Just random.

And that is with never turning the power to the socket on/off?

Yes, we keep the smartbulbs always powered. We mostly use echo for light control so it’s no big deal, although we also have a couple of the Phillips dimmer switches. Eight Link bulbs, every month two or three incidents where they lose connection.