GE Launches Seriously Cheap Wink Connected Bulb

LOL… it’s back; now listed at $49.95!! Amazing how clueless of a web site Home Depot provides.

A19 is indeed 50$ (!?), but BR30 is @20

Anybody manage to snag one of these yet. My original order stated September 2nd delivery, but it just seems to get pushed further and further back.

Seems like Link 60W Equivalent Soft White (2700K) A19 is in stock at my local HD now for $14.97.

1 Like

Ooohh… Go get one. Do you have a hue bridge? Dying to know if it works with it.

1 Like

Looks like that one is in stock at my store too… Will stop by tomorrow and see if its really there…hehe

1 Like

Get one!! See if it will link to any hub we already have!! Haha hue or STs works.for.me!!

Hopefully the GE bulbs will connect straight to the ST hub. Thanks for checking!

Can confirm this works with the Hue hub! Picked up two today. Turned it on, fired up my Hue app and looked for new lights. After about 60 seconds a New Dimmable Light showed up, and it works fine.

Score!

2 Likes

Cool! I’m assuming you couldn’t get it to work with ST Hub directly w/out using the Hue Hub?

YAY!!! Makes me happy happy!

Yup. Just got back from the depot and bought everyone they had; didn’t have the link module so I had fingers crossed they would work with the Hue bridge. (c;

Reports as:

{"on":true,
"bri":124,
"alert":"none",
"effect":"none",
"reachable":true}, 
"type": "Dimmable light", 
"name": "Dining", 
"modelid": "ZLL Light", 
"swversion": "1197632", 
"pointsymbol": { "1":"none", 
"2":"none", 
"3":"none", 
"4":"none", 
"5":"none", 
"6":"none", 
"7":"none", 
"8":"none" }
1 Like

This is so exciting!!!

Anyone know if this works with the ST hub directly?

Didn’t have much time to play around, but it wasn’t obviously recognized by anything I tried in the Lights section, and I’m not seeing it add to my Hue hub in ST. Will play around more later.

@scottinpollock You got it setup in the STs enviro? Did they just show up for you when you went into the Hue Connect app?

What about getting it to work with the TCP hubs - does anyone have both Hue/TCP to test this out?

Happy to report that bulbs linked just fine through Hue Connect. Here’s hoping Phillips doesn’t patch their hub to prevent these from linking. Although I can’t imagine how they would.

Jay Adkins
D&H Distributing

1 Like

Yes, but SmartThings doesn’t know they are not color. Guessing the current integration won’t know Hue Lux aren’t color either as the Links report the exact same data (other than “name”,“modelid”, and “swversion”.

They are both Zigbee LL certified, and that certification specifies interoperability. Doubt they would want to mess with that. It is an advantage IMHO. Really looking forward to the PAR38, 90 watt equivalents for the cans above my deck.