GE Jasco Z-wave Smart Remotes (CES 2017)

What’s the non zwave version?

They got certified by the z-wave alliance in May. Haven’t seen any sign of them going on sale, though.

1 Like

Wall magnetic detach features too :slight_smile:

Logan Marshall

Last update from Jasco is that they have no intention of releasing the currently Z-Wave certified remotes to the general retail channel. At some point in the future, they “may” certify a different version for retail release. :frowning:

Same case, but a different device. Those are not Zwave. The mySelectSmart line uses a proprietary protocol between their own plug-in tiny hub and their own devices. Not compatible with SmartThings or anything else that I can tell.

http://myselectsmart.com/index.html

That’s what I said, Geez. Their exactly like these in function, however they have zwave.

Logan Marshall

Actually, it’s not that simple. Sure they are both white pieces of plastic with buttons that wirelessly control other things. But the way they do that is completely different and the actual function is when more so different. The Zwave version does quite a bit more than ON/OFF.

The zwave version was breify shown on they web site as an orderable item which i ordered, they advised it was up as an error. The photos on the by jasco Web site showed the following similarities.

White
Two button
Detachable
Magnetic
Single gang
Top button
Bottom button

There’s litterly no difference of the appearance of the two versions. However like you said, with zwave wave internals you can do much more like, triggers, scenes, local association, etc.

If you need to explain how something with zwave functions compared to non zwave, this isn’t the group. We all know.

Logan

Yes. And it was immediately pulled when I pointed it out to them.

I am frequently in contact with their engineers.

Just heard back from Jasco, ETA is now Jan 2019.

2 Likes

In January, they will tell you April :frowning:

The GE version of the Jasco remote got z-wave certified in July. Hopefully it gets released at some point.

They posted on Twitter May 2019 for these now. :crossed_fingers: thanks for asking again @LoganMarshall1

2 Likes

Thank God!!! I’m so excited!!! These guys got great products!

Logan Marshall

1 Like

Looks like these will be GE branded based on the product manual posted to the z-wave alliance site

2 Likes

Nice!!!:pray:

Logan Marshall

But, when will they be available?
That’s the real question…

1 Like

Been eagerly awaiting these. Any inside word on when we’ll get to May 2019? :wink:

I reached out I’ll let you guys know! For now if it helps you can go on the Z wave alliance members website look at the manuals for the products to see how to set these up with association and all the other different zwave parameters.
These Manuals like all the other Jasco products are pretty damn in depth and awesome.

Logan Marshall

Director, Applications & Web Services

M: 416-819-2083

E: Logan.Marshall@LevenSystems.com

Leven Systems

MCP, MCSA, MCTS, MCITP, SA

Jasco got back to me, it’s mid July 2019 now.

All good things come to those who wait! 2 years now and I’m still just as excited!!!

Logan Marshall

1 Like