GE Jasco Z-wave Smart Remotes (CES 2017)

Hey guys,

Everyone is keeping me busy today in the community, I like it!

Bradlee, I got your note and will reply shortly (was trying to clean up the office a bit) :slight_smile:

Anyway, we do not use the same manufacturer as GE/Jasco, but we do look up to them as a company. I personally have many GE products in my smart home and they’ve all been rock solid.

As for our remotes, yes, we’ll have two different versions coming out that we’re really excited about.

The first will be a paddle style remote that will look identical to our In-Wall Switches so you can create a 3-Way setup without having to rewire anything as the switches will associate with each other (both on/off and dimming) so you can dim them in real-time.

The second style is more of a remote version, which will be a 5-button remote. This is still in prototype testing, but our VP of Technology has been testing it since CES and is impressed with it from a firmware standpoint. We’re just trying to figure out how to make it skinnier (depth-wise) - the problem we’re running into is that we want it to have a rechargeable battery and this is causing the depth to be the way it is.

Anyway, I don’t want to hijack GE’s thread as I’m sure their remotes will be awesome as well!

As for timing, I’ll know more in a week or so whether we’re on track to release end of March - it seems like the launch targets always seem to move lol.

Tentatively, the paddle versions will be released end of March and 5-Button in April.

4 Likes