GE 3-way Smart Switch quit working after a year. Light stuck on

My front porch lights have been connected to a 3 way smart switch for a year or so. They work fine, programmed to come on at SS and turn off at SR. Today I noticed they were on after SR and I could not shut them off remotely or with the switches. The master switch seems to operate correctly: when I push the top rocker, the relay clicks and the blue light extinguishes. When I push the bottom the relay clicks and the blue light illuminates. However the lights stay on. The same happens when I use the ap; correct indications but the lights stay on. I haven’t looked at any wiring but seems to me the relay contactors might have shorted. Comments?

Try pulling the airgap (left of the led) then pushing it back in

Call Jasco, the manufacturer. They have a 2 year warranty:

WARRANTYJASCO Products warrants this product to be free from manufacturing defects for a period of two years from the original date of consumer purchase. This warranty is limited to the repair or replacement of this product only and does not extend to consequential or incidental damage to other products that may be used with this product. This warranty is in lieu of all other warranties, expressed or implied. Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts or permit the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damage, so the above limitations may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state. Please contact Customer Service at 800-654-8483 (option 1) between 7:30AM – 5:00PM CST or via our website (www.jascoproducts.com) if the unit should prove defective within the warranty period

1 Like

Thanks. Guess what. Light started working. Not sure what that was all about. I am assuming the relay passes the 120 vac to the bulbs so my gut still says its a sticking set of relay contacts. (Assuming the relay passes the 120 vac).

Thanks. Guess what. Light started working. I’ll monitor it. I hate intermittent problems!!

1 Like