GE 12730 Z-Wave Fan Control Indicator Light incorrect behavior

I see the same. No values for parameter 3 are accepted, whether 0, 1 or 2.

I understand the conformance statement shows the parameter should be there but it doesn’t work for me.

http://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database/zwave-device-list/devicesummary/281

For whatever reason, it seems to be externally write protected.

WEIRD.

Okay you can read a parameter 3? I’m just making the assumption that there is one because the other devices use it to manipulate the LED the same way with the exception that ‘never lit’ doesn’t work on the fan controller whereas it does on every other type of switch.

So the question is, what happens if read back parameter 3 in the following scenarios on a normal switch (say a 12724 dimmer) and the fan controller:

12724 (or any other GE 127xx switch except 12730):
Use SmartThings app to set the LED to ‘When on’, parameter 3 = ?
Use SmartThings app to set the LED to ‘When off’, parameter 3 = ?
Use SmartThings app to set the LED to ‘Never lit’, parameter 3 = ?

12730 fan switch:
Use SmartThings app to set the LED to ‘When on’, parameter 3 = ?
Use SmartThings app to set the LED to ‘When off’, parameter 3 = ?
Use SmartThings app to set the LED to ‘Never lit’, parameter 3 = ?

What do you guys see?

EDIT: Interestingly I assume there must be a parameter or something completely separate that stores the value of whether or not the LED is completely disabled or not using the ON-ON-ON-OFF method, which again only seems to apply to everything other than the 12730.

Unless it’s setting parameter 3 to some unknown value
 so might be worth reading back parameter three each time and do the following -

12724 (or any other GE 127xx switch except 12730):
At the physical switch press the following combination successively ON-ON-ON-OFF, parameter 3 = ?
At the physical switch press the following combination successively ON-ON-ON-OFF, parameter 3 = ?

12730 fan switch:

The PIR motion sensor (35211/34193) uses parameter 28 to store the setting of its LED:

Enable & Disable the LED indication when PIR Trigger and after timeout:

Parameter No: 28
Length 1 byte
Valid Value 0, 1 (Default 1: Enable)

0 – Disable
1 – Enable (default)

I have the GE 14287. Model 3131 in the conformance statement above. My 12X model works fine setting the indicator.

I’m confused, the link you provided above is for ZW4002 which is the 12730 Fan Controller, not the newer Z-Wave Plus version which is as you mention the GE 14287.

Are you saying you have both a 12730 and a 14287 and that the 12730 version you have works fine for the LED indicator behaviour? Because that’s completely contradictory to the experience of everyone else where the ‘never lit’ mode for the LED indicator does not work with the older 12730 version which I have six of, all with the same issue.

I personally have no experience with the ZW+ version (GE 14287).

My 12730 works fine setting the indicator light through SmartThings. Firmware version 3.10.

Edit: Sorry, you are right the ‘never on’ does not work on my 12730. However my 14287 is not controllable through SmartThings at all. The only way to change it is through the on / on / on / off method.

1 Like