Gate - world's first zwave mailbox sensor

GATE will work in ElephanTruck too!

You have your FCC approvals already?

1 Like

Nope, no FCC yet. Weā€™re still in Beta. We have CC1110, RN131 and ZM5202 chips - all of those are pre-FCC certified, we also ran EMI tests on our equipment and weā€™ve already talked to local FCC cert. lab in Brea, CA. We donā€™t expect FCC certification to be a major problem.

I fear that is exactly what you are doing (over promising), though at the high pre-unit price, I admit you may have given yourself the opportunity for small run production, so that is a positive.

A lot of my risk warnings are based upon analysis of dozens of KS gadget Projects. Nearly all claim or demonstrate substantial prototypes and pre-production, and still fall far behind or fail, particularly if they get a lot of overfunding since they donā€™t anticipate mass production issues (supply chain, etc, and snafus not disclosed to Backers), or required certifications.

I hope you donā€™t encounter such problems, but the odds are not good; I would not bet my money on timely delivery of acceptable product.

For those who will find value in this, I hope they get what you describe and genuinely are planning to deliver. This is not a small investment / bet.

I can focus on technical discussion here, to stay on Topic, unless I see a red flag I canā€™t ignore.

Iā€™d take a more helpful approach if you were just discussing a product in development, but since it is ā€œfor saleā€, thereā€™s a higher standard to be held to.

It may not be a problem, but itā€™s not necessarily fast, either. The less expensive labs have longer backlogs. It should be listed as a risk.

1 Like