Garage opener automation

Hi all,

I am having an issue with an automation I have set up. I have a GoControl opener that I’ve used for a few years with another company and recently switched to ST (V3 hub). I’m able to control one garage door as expected but have run into an issue when trying to add an automation and wondering if you all would have some suggestions on where to start troubleshooting.

I have a ST motion sensor set up to detect motion at the garage door and in the garage. If the garage door is open and there is no motion for 10 minutes, the automation shuts the door. It works great. It’s been set up for 5 days now.

The last three days, the door has been immediately closing after it is opened- twice after using the keypad opener, and 3 times with my wife’s opener (she’s not amused.) It is something triggering the GoControl unit to close because it immediately begins the beeping alarm as soon as the door begins to move up. I had moved some Zwave things around, so I repaired the network, hoping it would fix, but it happened to my wife again today. I shut the automation off to appease her, but would like to figure out what’s going on with it. I have the other 2 garage doors on MyQ, which work well (minus the ST integration) and I guess that is the last resort if I can’t get the GoControl figured out.

Any suggestions?
Thank you!

I think it may have something to do with the Any time part of the automation.

Alternatively you could use the Garage Door Manager which is designed to do what you’re looking to do (and more): [RELEASE] Garage Door Manager to Open and Close Automatically when People Arrive/Leave with Timer and Actions

1 Like