Garage Doors and Routines (all platforms, all garage tilt sensors, discuss problems with app 2 here)

I currently have the Evolve Z-Wave Relay with a multi sensor on my garage door. Currently, they are both separated, is their a device type or smart app I can use to combine them (as it was prior to V2)?

Will this mimolite app work with the evolve?

Thanks

I’ve eliminated some redundancy with my MyQ garage.

First, I don’t need it to automatically - at a set time, or set circumstances - open or close. So some integration with ST that others might consider necessary, I do not.

Next is that Alexa can open/close the door via voice command. Perfect.
Third is that my SmartTiles Android control tablet tells me the garage status. Here’s where the redundancy happens…

The MyQ app reports door status. Says whether it’s open or closed, or in the process of opening or closing.
Via Tasker and the AutoNotification plugin plus Sharptools, the notification of that status can be transmitted back to Smartthings. So while I don’t need to trigger the garage based on conditions, the garage status certainly drives some other ST activities such as turning lights on/off. By having the status be transmitted to ST via that notification process, it eliminates the need for me to have a tilt sensor on the door… and I can reassign the ST multisensor doing that job elsewhere in the house.

1 Like

can you help me how can add this icon for garage door on a fibaro relay switch that i have to open and close my garage door?

Sure Kostas. What device type handler are you using? That will let me know if you need to change anything in the code, or if it’s a simple thing to do in the mobile app.

Thanks for quick reply
I do not find in the app the icon for garage door

So the only way is from the handler

From this thread I use the device handler

At last post I have the icon that I want just the big one that will change

And also if you can and only first switch S1 otherwise I will find the way to add it there if tell me how can use this icon

Παρακαλώ

(my Greek is not good anymore, but at least I can still try, right?)

Now I understand, thanks. I looked at the DTH, and you’ll have to change just a couple lines of code.

The source of those icons is here: (look for “doors”)

http://htmlpreview.github.io/?https://github.com/krlaframboise/Resources/blob/master/SmartThings-Icons.html

And the icons you want are here:

Closed:

Open:

For S1, you just need to change lines 53 and 54, which should look like this:

standardTile("switch1", "device.switch1",canChangeIcon: true, width: 3, height: 3) {
        state "on", label: "switch1", action: "off1", icon: "st.switches.switch.on", backgroundColor: "#79b821"
        state "off", label: "switch1", action: "on1", icon: "st.switches.switch.off", backgroundColor: "#ffffff"
    }

If pressing On means “to open the door”, and pressing Off means “to Close thedoor”, just change those lines to look like this:

standardTile("switch1", "device.switch1",canChangeIcon: true, width: 3, height: 3) {
        state "on", label: "switch1", action: "off1", icon: "st.doors.garage.garage-closed", backgroundColor: "#79b821"
        state "off", label: "switch1", action: "on1", icon: "st.doors.garage.garage-open", backgroundColor: "#ffffff"
    }

Hopefully that helps?

1 Like