FYI Latest Firmware update broke Zigbee

@Rickinfl, I am sorry to hear you have been experiencing issues since the hotfix went out. If you can shoot me a message with your account email I will gladly look into this for you and help troubleshoot what is going on with your couple problem devices.

1 Like

So how about the rest of us that are experiencing this issue?

Reboot your hub

Ive done that over a dozen times. Ive removed the Ethernet cable. Pulled the batteries. No chance. All devices unavailable.

@Matt_O The update that went out should have had no effect on your Zigbee devices. I’d love to take a look at your hub for you though, just shoot me a message with your account email and I’ll see what I can find.

That’s the first I did and have several times.

Seems some people have issues and some don’t. I would be curious to know the people that didn’t have an issue if they are able to add a zigbee device.

But when everybody has the same issue at the same time at the same time the firmware was updated I’d say that’s an issue.

1 Like

Do the devices that have lost connection with the mesh have anything in common that sets them apart from the ones that are still connected? Same brand? Same type of device? Something else?

Nope. All are the same model. Iris Door Sensors. All no more than 20ft away from hub. I opened 2 new Door Sensors and placed them right next to hub and it can’t discover them. I’ve tried resetting them I’ve tried everything I could read on the internet.

I’m telling you this firmware screwed with something and until they admit to it everyone is going to run us in circles.

So how many sensors do you have that were previously connected, in total? And how many of them lost connection?

30 + Devices, 8 of them Zigbee. I lost 1 Zigbee. I can register Z-wave devices. I can NOT register Zigbee devices.
I have new sealed in the box backup Z-wave and Zigbee devices. I opened them. Z-wave registers, Zigbee does NOT register.

Like I’ve said 100 times. It stopped working when the firmware was upgraded. There is no trouble shooting something that we can’t fix. All these people went down at the same time… when the firmware was updated.

2 Likes

Your original claim:

Then…

OK, so…

1 = “a few”
Once = “100 times”

You’re right, this is a waste of time.

Any zigbee repeaters? If not, sounds like you’re hitting the 32 direct connection limit.

2 Likes

Sounds like he’s mostly z-wave… 8 zigbees aren’t close to the Zigbee limit

1 Like

The limit is only for zigbee child devices (battery operated devices or sengled bulbs) connected directly to the smartthings hub without using a repeater. It doesn’t apply to either zigbee repeaters or Z wave devices.

I dropped 10 zigbee devices after the last hub update.

I purchased 6 more Zigbee devices last night can’t get any of them to register nor the spares I had. Just can’t see how 12 brand new “Different” Zigbee devices will not register when I already have the same exact models on the system that did stay connected. I’m waiting for them to drop also since I’ve rebooted the hub several times without the backup batteries in it.

BUT it’s our fault not the firmware just all of our devices stopped working at the same time was a coincidence not because they all stopped working after the firmware update. smh

1 Like

I have lost connection with ALL my zigbee devices since the update. I was told to “move the router and hub further apart” but that was not the solution. ST is acting like its not an update issue when it CLEARLY is related to the update. Thanks for making my devices junk.

Can’t tell if firmware is crap or typical Samsung cloud outage… Fail.

Well Support contacted me asking for my email address the account was connected to this morning. I came home and tried to connect a Zigbee and it fell right in. So they must of done something or reloaded the firmware.