FX Luminaire Luxor Landscape Lights [edge driver link in post 24]

Nvm. Its taken some time, but now seems to be working just fine. Perhaps network delay originally.

Just checking in here after a few years to see if anyone has an edge driver? (Our deck lights are solely smartthings controlled, so they aren’t working anymore.)

Following up here, I took 3 days and wrote a very simple driver for controlling my own FX Luminaire lights.

I can’t say if this will work for everyone, but you are welcome to try.

https://bestow-regional.api.smartthings.com/invite/Pw2DWb8bGKM3

Basic instructions:

1. Enroll and add the driver to your hub (link above)
  2. Wait a few seconds
  3. Add a device by scanning for devices in the smartthings app
  4. A new device called Luxor Controller 1 will appear in the room with your hub
  5. In settings for the Luxor Controller (three dots > settings), set the ip address for your controller
  6. As soon as you save the updated IP address, the driver will download a list of groups from the controller and will create a new light switch for each group returned.
  7. That should be all. Note: changes made outside of the app are checked and updated every 20min. You can also manually force a refresh as well by just dragging down from the top while a switch is selected.
  8. If you need more than one controller, you can spawn new copies from the settings menu of any existing controller object.

[Edit: I realized that I could use settings interaction as a device-factory, eliminating an extra object. Directions above adjusted.]

2 Likes