Future of smart home hub: AI? A new smart hub called SmartAll

I was browsing on another community and encountered the following marketing teaser:

The company, SmartAll, is based in San Francisco, CA. Their smart home hub is
$99 for a limited time.

What’s the future of smart home hub?

We think is AI. Most of smart home products are controlled by smart phone.
It’s not true home automation.

- AI Control

Our product with advanced machine learning function. After 7-day learning period, it will memorize every family member’s specific taste, learn their respective habits and automatically connects with other home devices to orchestrate a personalized home automation service.

- Face Recognition

SmartAll is equipped with accurate face recognition that can recognize strangers from familiar faces.

- Comprehensive IoT Solution

It is compatible with major smart home protocols, ie. Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, ZigBee, Z-Wave…and so on, as well as traditional IR control devices (TV, AC etc).

Find more details, click here: http://smartall.co

Their FB page has more information, refer to

Of course, this is all marketing and it looks too good to be true…Their website has very
few details except some buzz words… Their CEO is an ex-Asus executive.

According to their FB page, they are launching a Kickstarter campaign in April.

I think that they want to capitalize on SmartThings’ previous Kickstarter success hence
the similar name…

To be continued…

Regards.

1 Like

Interesting but I can’t see how this will work reliably and predictably. I also don’t like having those cameras on the wall, feels very intrusive.

What could possibly go wrong?! :slight_smile:

Remember, just because you’re paranoid doesn’t mean they’re not out to get you!

I didn’t think they would be watching me, but it certainly might feel like someone is watching my guests when they walk in :slight_smile:

Sorry, but that kind of tech, at least with that kind of capability and reliability, is not anywhere near a price point that anyone less than a major Corp or can afford.

I don’t see that kind of tech for at least a decade.

I don’t agree with your statement… The technology is there…

And, robots are coming too…Be prepared…

Regards.

1 Like

Oh, I agree the tech is there… It’s just not obtainable at our price point with the capabilities they claim.

And as far as robots… An autonomous machine is nowhere near being in our homes.

Remote control machines, well, we have those already… Kind of like drones… It’s not a drone, it’s an rc plane.

Also, crowd funding is NOT any kind of proof of the technology existing. At best, it’s a concept, with a concept model, maybe.

2 Likes

Hi, the project is being promoted on KickStarter now (as SmartThings years ago).

The smart home hub is not totally dependent on the cloud, which could be a good thing. They
claim that it can work on its own (the main board is composed of 4-core CPU)…

P.S. Of course, they are probably 2 years away from a functional hub, as we’ve learned based on our ST
experience.

Regards.

The company, SmartAll, is based in San Francisco, CA.

Their smart home hub is $99 for a limited time (which is basically the price of the built-in camera).

Regards.

@yvesracine,

Hi, we are SmartAll.
Thanks for sharing our product information.
You help us a lot.

Maybe they should have their AI learn English in a 7-day learning period and write their copy for them. “Our product with advanced machine learning function.”?

The product concept is an absurd non-starter.