Foscam Universal Internal Device Type (HD\Non-HD with Alarm\LED\PTZ Control)

@acastal

I just realized what I was doing wrong. I was adding the code as a smart device and not a smart app.

I loaded fine, and I will now fiddle to see how it all works. Thank you for making me aware of the code/app.

The code should be added under ā€œMy Device Typesā€. Once created/saved/published you create a device under ā€œMy Deviceā€ For the type you select ā€œFoscam Universal Deviceā€ It will be at or near the bottom of the dropdown list.

@cdikland I may be mistaken, but there might be two conversations going on in this thread.

I think you are talking about adding a Foscam HD camera to the ST hub, which your process is correct.

What I am referring to is an app that allows your Focam camera to Arm during a mode change. This then would allow the Foscam to send you the pictures, triggered by a Motion sensor/Door Sensor/etc., to your email address provided in the Foscam configuration.

Without this program, you can only have the Foscam always send pictures or when you have the Motion alarm scheduled, in the Foscam configuration. This doesnā€™t since I donā€™t want a million pictures of when I am at home, but rather have it send them to me when my ST is in Away or Night mode.

Currently Foscam cameras take pictures, but you have no way of managing those pictures, when accessing the ST application, on an Android deviceā€¦ You can see them post in the Foscam/ST app, but they then get erased, and you have no way to manage them.

If i am wrong I would love to understand how you are adding the code that @acastal described and provided a link to.

Apologies if this was answered earlier in this thread, but I canā€™t seem to find an explanation.

I have some Foscam 8909W cameras and Iā€™ve installed the Foscam Universal Device provided at the beginning of this thread, but canā€™t figure out where the images areā€¦?

In the logs it looks like photos are being taken, but where are they stored and how do I get to them. It looks like the ST app (on android) has a space for an image to be displayed, but nothing is there (see attached screenshot).

@Avron For the current version on Android, the screen shots post on the app, but are immediately erased. The Notice or SMS sent to your phone will not contain these photos.

This seems to be a Foscam/Android problem, because the same doesnā€™t happen for an IOS device.

Also, it looks like you have a different code loaded. Which code are you using that lacks the PTZ settings, and presets. I used @tslagle13 code, which adds these features compared to the published Foscam camera code.

Great, just my luck with Android.

Yes, I commented out the PTZ settings as the 8909W doesnā€™t use these, so I wanted something a bit simpler.

Hello All:

I am having some issues getting my Foscam FI9821W v2.1 to work with ST. I have been able to successfully add the device type and the device to ST however no picture shows when I go to view the camera. Interesting thing is that I can open the Foscam native app in a browser and I can go to the ST app on my phone and I can control the Pan function of the camera. However, when I try to take a picture the IDE live logging tells that ā€œorg.apache.http.conn.ConnectTimeoutException: Connect to 192.168.1.150:88 timed out @ line 388ā€. That comes exactly 10 seconds after the logging occurs. Anyone have any ideas what I can do to fix this.

BTW, I am fairly new to ST. I am recently purchased a VeraEdge and found it to be a frustrating experience all around. The Vera community is great and very helpful but the new UI is horrible to work with. What was taking me several days to do in Vera was accomplished in several hours in ST. ST is an awesome product!

2 Likes

Has this been abandoned? Most people canā€™t use it. I thought it was going to be supported natively in ST?

A picture will only show after you click the take picture button. There is no live video support on ST as of yet. I have the same model camera and I am using. Not getting that error.

I have finally got it working. it took me awhile. For those of you with H.264 HD Cameras I had to set my stream to mpeg. See instructions below.

http://foscam.us/forum/how-to-fetch-snapshots-and-mjpeg-stream-on-hd-cameras-t4328.html

Are there any device types out there for Foscam HD cameras that include streaming video?

SmartThings does not support live video in the mobile app it is a limitation of the platform until they do an update. They have stated video support is in the works, but I do not know when.

I was using this code and it was working great for awhile until a random day when my wifeā€™s iPhone 6 stopped showing the icons right. I was suggested to uninstall the Device and reinstall. Ever since then it doesnā€™t work. It seems like the camera never response with the picture after the API request. Hereā€™s what the logs show (as I mentioned itā€™s like thereā€™s no response).

Iā€™ve changed the PW while Iā€™m asking for assistance! :slight_smile:

Are you using the proper port? The default is 88. Maybe try going back to the default port if have.

Iā€™m having something similar. I have 2 8910 cameras that were working fine up until a day or so ago. Now one always says monitoring is on and neither responds to or is able to control the camera anymore! I didnā€™t change anything on my end either.

Any suggestions?

Is the default 88 or 8080? I swear mine was 8080 and thatā€™s why I changed it to 8090 (quick and easy minimal security change).

Iā€™m curious are you suggesting this because my setup might be wrong or because STs might not be listening to the response correctly? I know the port is right but it would be interesting to see if STs isnā€™t listening on non-default ports anymore.

The default http port is 88 on newer models and 80 on the older models. I donā€™t know that this device type can handle the https port and I am sure it cannot handle the onvif port. For a test, I deleted my camera and added it again without any issues. The integration is still very clunky, there is no live video, and itā€™s impossible to move the the camera without physically looking at it. I would change the default http port back to 88 and try the setup like that before trying anything else.

Thanks. I believe that Foscam integration issues have to with implementing the port forwarding on the Foscam and my router. I tired last night to open the port on my router and I was unsuccessful in my attempts to contact the xxxxxfoscam.org:port address to view video. I am going to try again this weekend to see if I can make it work. Fingers crossed.

Ok. So does the integration work when you are on your local network?

No problems connecting to the camera via the IP:port number with the local network. Oddly enough last weekend I was able to control the panning via the ST app however I can no longer do this. Also when I tried the take picture function nothing showed up and the take picture button would not toggle back unless I forced closed the app. I remember reading some where that you have to have the public ip address working on the Foscam camera before you can get the camera to work in ST. This is something that I have to get functioning even if it cannot be integrated into ST. I tired the Foscam iPhone app last night while I was home and I was able to open and view the video however today at work I tired it and I was not able to view video. This leads me to believe that my Foscam setup in fouled up and requires the port forwarding. I am going to give a try again this weekend.