FortrezZ WWA-02AA Freeze alarm?

(David Lounsbury) #1

I’ve just installed a FortrezZ WWA-02AA in my vacation home. I was able to set up a push notification for floods pretty easily, but I can’t figure out how to add a push alarm for the temperature alarm. There doesn’t appear to be a way to set the temperature set point in the device preferences, either.

The freeze warning is a bit more valuable in the vacation home - if you can shut off the water during the freeze, you won’t have the flood…

(Ben Edwards) #2

We don’t currently have built in rules for the temperature portion of that device. One could make a SmartApp to make use of that, however.

(David Lounsbury) #3

Just so I’m clear, would I need to write a new Device Type that exposes the devices high / low temperature limit alarm, or does the current Device Type expose the temperature alarm and methods to set it?

(David Lounsbury) #4

One more point on this: Apparently the parser for that device handler does know about the freeze alarms:

c9c66d12-f4f8-4023-9fe6-688f027ac4ec 3:49:50 PM EDT: debug Parse returned [[name:temperature, value:freezing, descriptionText:1st Floor Moisture is freezing, isStateChange:false, displayed:false, linkText:1st Floor Moisture]]
c9c66d12-f4f8-4023-9fe6-688f027ac4ec 3:49:50 PM EDT: debug Parse returned [[name:temperature, value:freezing, descriptionText:1st Floor Moisture is freezing, isStateChange:true, displayed:true, linkText:1st Floor Moisture]]
c9c66d12-f4f8-4023-9fe6-688f027ac4ec 3:49:50 PM EDT: debug Parse returned [null]
c9c66d12-f4f8-4023-9fe6-688f027ac4ec 3:49:50 PM EDT: debug COMMAND CLASS: BasicSet(value: 255)

These don’t seem to get handled anywhere, though. The temperature pane in the Thing on my phone never showed a temperature alarm, even after the sensor had been in the freeze state for >10 minutes (in a baggie in salted ice water.) Bug in the app for that thing? Is the device handler code for the FortrezZ WWA-02AA available anywhere?

(John Hawley) #5

As many other other have posted, please enable the temperature status in the App and allow a rule for a defined temperature level.
Thanks for considering the request, this would be extremely helpful… the whole reason I bought the temp/water sensors.