FortrezZ Water Flow Meter

@johnconstantelo - hope all is well. Something wierd started happening since last evening.
The parent detector app which detects for constant flow (time) is not reporting properly.

Even if i run the water for 2 mins or 3 mins, it hits my threshold of 7 mins (set on app) and the message shows the time counter as an accumulated counter of more than X mins. i.e. the counter is not resetting. See a snapshot of the message.

I then ran a log and attaching a copy of the log as well. Found something interesting. It shows an error line with blacklisted. I also do not see the parent / child apps on the log, just the main fortrezz meter.

Do i need to delete the parent/child app and re do it ?
Or did Classic just disable all these smart apps ?

thanks

• rCube

Hi @rcube, I’m getting the same blacklist error as well! ST changed something on their end, but who knows.

@jody.albritton and @Brad_ST, any idea why this got blacklisted? It’s been working fine for a few years, so what changed?

Still looking into this. It seems like the blacklist error replaced this error:
javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: Received fatal alert: handshake_failure @line 372 (sendDataToCloud)

I’m not familiar with this integration or that endpoint. I see that the DTH hasn’t updated recently, is it possible something changed with http://iot.swiftlet.technology/fortrezz/post.php?

If it helps, the errors started last night around 9:53 PM EDT.

Hmm, good catch @Brad_ST. Looks like their site is having a problem.

@dantheman2865, are you still supporting this for FortrezZ?

Thank you @johnconstantelo and @Brad_ST !
Lets see. Hopefully just a temporary glitch.

btw, today, i received a push message asking me to update the fortrezz handler, which i did not , since was not sure what they are up to.

Hi @rcube, their github repo hasn’t changed for the DTH since last July, and I looked at their code and didn’t see where it sends a push. Do you have any more information on that push message?

1 Like

Hi @johnconstantelo,

Attached is a message that i get when i try to even open the Fortrezz device via the new ST app. It does not allow me to proceed without downloading. I have not downloaded it since i am not sure what kind of an update it will do (messing up everything that we have worked on so far).

This is the first time, i am getting this message, since it had allowed me to open up the device through the new app when i had installed and had it working in May when we both connected and worked through tests.

Hope this helps.

• rCube

Also Fyi - i may have mis-stated that i received a push. It was more of a pull. I tried to see what was going on with Fortrezz both via the ST classic and the new apps and the new app gave me this message.

I suspected that was it. Downloading it won’t hurt anything. It doesn’t impact the DTH capabilities or anything, including how this device works with SmartApps or automations.

Also, I suspect that FortrezZ may not support charting since this only works in Classic. I’m keeping my expectations low to be honest.

2 Likes

The “device controller” is the device plugin the app uses to render the device in the new app. As John said, tapping ‘Download’ will not impact the backend code of the DTH at all. You may see that periodically as updates to device plugins are released or if you add a new device type. It is related to the ocfDeviceType and vid listed in the metadata of the DTH.

2 Likes

Thank you @johnconstantelo & @Brad_ST !
I’ll go ahead and download.

But the mystery still remains i guess on the blacklist piece.
And yes I guess, i have to keep low expectations :slight_smile: on Fortrezz’s support !

rCube

fyi - downloaded the plugin. thank you both !

@johnconstantelo - just curious. I know you use the new app mostly. But are you also getting the same issue with the classic app (due to the unknown changes / blacklist / server connect issue) that the continuous flow is not resetting ? like i am experiencing ?

thanks
rCube

Hi @rcube, it doesn’t matter which mobile app is used. The blacklist/connect issue to FortrezZ’s chart tool doesn’t care about the mobile app. The same applies to the SmartApps because those look for device capabilities and states, which are the same for both mobile apps (except for only how they are presented, or not).

All that being said, I am having the blacklist/connect issue, and every so often I have the same issue with continuous flow not resetting. I’ve tried catching live logs, but it’s not predictable and you can’t keep live logging on indefinitely hoping to catch it.

1 Like

Hey, did what you suggested. Powered the flow meter off, pulled that batteries, left it off line over night and reconnected with a new Power supply (in case that could have been an issue). Issue remains and still has a 0.6 GPM continuous flow. Ran some water and it shows an increase in flow reported but always goes back down 0.6 GPM when the flow stops. No clear errors in the Live Logging. It appears from the last few messages that this is not on my side and I assume that this will hopefully clear itself? Let me know if you think something different
 Oh, and my charts do not work at all now

Thanks again

See the posts above regarding the chart issues. The service FortrezZ uses is down (no eta).

Not sure why your meter is reporting flow when it’s not. I’d go look at the physical meter and make sure the guages are ok as well. The FMI has a “reader” on top of one of them if I remember right.

What does your Current State section look like? See post 358 as an example.

I’ll look at the code later today to make sure the issue with charting isn’t causing this.

Hi @Shesakillatwo,

Try something please? Comment out line 488 by putting // in front of take1(). Run some water and see if that helps.

That appears to have fixed the continuous flow measure of 0.6 gpm. Went to zero after the update and jumped to 2.4 gpm when I flushed my toilet and returned to zero a minute later.

1 Like

Ok, please stay that way until FortrezZ fixes their chart issue (if they even will).

Fyi @rcube, you need to do the same change thing.

2 Likes

Thanks so much! You Rock!

1 Like

I’ve emailed FortrezZ support, and they know about this issue and are working on it. Stay tuned.

1 Like