FortrezZ Water Flow Meter

I got error when I try change line 249

I think youā€™re still not in the right SmartApp.

That line should already be there, but the value is ā€œ0.0ā€.

Make sure the app is 320 lines long. Specifically, it should be this app from FortrezZ:

Yes is working now thank you
I know what happen when I copy code from GitHub I did not copy from Raw mode but from first page show up I have much more then 320 lines
Sorry for that, still learning :slight_smile:

New smarthings app is coming maybe is better

Next I want move my outdoor Nest camera over smarthings app, or maybe I should wait until new version smarthings app

1 Like

Excellent, glad to hear things are working!

Thanks to you of course :slight_smile:

1 Like

@johnconstantelo the 1 minute test worked. But now when I go to edit the app error

@johnconstantelo wait half of my devices just went offline, getting the same error when trying to edit other smartapps

@johnconstantelo so yesterday evening my meter was finally reading normal and wouldnā€™t you know it someone left the water running at 3:50am. The tweak for the gpm in the app works! It shut the valves off to the bathroom. I forgot I set a notification so that was fun to wake up to.

1 Like

I HAVE THE VERY SAME PROBLEM. Has anyone solved this.

Strange thing is I do the reset, I run water for a while and report seems OK,
Close up the project box that houses the FMI run water again and water flow is reported
8:30 P.M. - Building now empty. No water flow as expected.
9:00 A.M. staff arrives and soon there is water flow being reported at intervals.
11:59 A.M. water flow reported as NONE. No more water flow reported for the next two days even though this office building is occupied 9:00 A.M thru 7:30 P.M.

I suspect the USB cable, but Fortrezz Tech. says parts are not sold.

I replied to your PM, when my problem first develop it was from a massive outage and it fixed itself.

Hello allā€¦I am new to the SmartThings community. Iā€™ver read through some of the posts regarding the FortrezZ flow meter. We were thinking about using this in each of the units of a high rise building and I had a couple of questions/concerns. First is the product stable enough to use in a 100 unit building, it seems that there are still some issues with the reporting Ui/UX. Having a small problem when magnified by 100X could be a big problem. The second question, can this work with Action Tiles, we need to have a common interface where the building manager can see each device that is in each unit. There will also be water sensors in these units as well as a flow meter. https://community.smartthings.com/u/johnconstantelo If you could point me in the right direction, it would be much appreciated!

If you keep the DTH simple enough, then itā€™s stable. Itā€™s a pretty simple meter, and itā€™s been reliable for me since Iā€™ve had it. If you just want to detect flow and total usage, no problem Iā€™d imagine. The device itself has also been very stable for me, no issue with hardware or firmware.

In saying that, how are you planning integrating all these meters? Just 1 hub, or many?

Iā€™m not an Action Tiles user, but the meter should work. If it doesnā€™t, the DTH is super easy to tweak to make the right capability available (which I think already is).

You may not need Action Tiles (which would let your building manager easily use the Classic mobile app). Letā€™s say you have all 100 devices on a single hub, then you could create a Room with just the meters in it, and the Room view would look something like this: (a list 100 times long obviously)

At any time you could see which meters were flowing and how much. Tapping on one of them would bring up the individual meter, something like this: (my updated DTH)

Personally I think going this route vs. Action Tiles keeps it simple, and itā€™s 1 less SmartApp in the middle of things to worry about. You could also set up a Room just for all the leak sensors.

I guess it all depends on how youā€™re going to use it. You could have a Room for each Unit, and put each meter and sensor in the Room, but I think youā€™re limited on the number of Rooms.

How about notifications? Will you use SHM for leaks, or develop your own SmartApp? Any water valves coming into play?

Thank you for the prompt response John, I wanted to clarify how this will be packaged. We will install water leak detection systems in high use residential condominiums. Each condo unit will have a flow meter and a water leak detection system with automatic shutoff. Each condo unit will also have its own hub, both the Flow meter and Water leak detection system work with the SmartThings Hub. The water leak detection system will shut the water off when a leak is detected, the flowmeter will only to send alerts/notifications and not shut the water off. Notifications will also be sent when a leak is detected by the water leak detection system when the water has been turned off and then again when turned back on.

I was thinking action tiles would be the best option to bring everything together in one UI nice we would have 100 separate hubs.

Thanks again!
leogolba
7505 Lantana Circle

Naples, Florida 34119

leogolba.com

Cell: 724-944-1106

This electronic transmission, and any documents attached hereto, may contain confidential and/or legally privileged information. The information is only for use by the intended recipient. If you have received this electronic message in error, please notify the sender and delete the electronic message. Any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the contents of information received in error is strictly prohibited.

1 Like

Got it! Wow, thatā€™s going to be an interesting setup.

Iā€™m looking at my custom DTH code to see how it would report values to Action Tiles. The water meter is basically a power meter, and it uses Power capabilities. Within Action Tiles, just set up a power meter and select the water meter. The water meter reports Power as the current water flow going through the meter:

So yes, Action Tiles will work to report water flow, but it may show up as Watts instead of GPM because of how AC sets up the device and the capabilities it needs.

What I donā€™t know to tell you is how AC needs to be set up with multiple hubs to pull everything together like you want. Perhaps reach out to @tgauchat for some assistance?

BTW, while looking at my code I found some changes I want to make, so thanks for reviving this discussion :wink:

1 Like

This is a great use case and we (ActionTiles) would love to work with you.

I will Private Message my email address.

2 Likes

Hi johnconstantelo
My flow meter stop working correctly I receiving wrong notification about Continuous Flow 55 minutes the 94 minutes but my setup is 15min, so I reset everything and setup again but problem return after few days.
I was on smarthings clasic app I change for new because I cant even log-in anymore on IDE under smarthings so I have to create Samsung account and now I can log-in to IDE .
I download new app on my iPhone to try if is work, my smarthings hub connected ok, I add flow meter but is something wrong I can see Flow meter but is checking status forever. I donā€™t know if I need update code at IDE webside to get new app working?

Cant even go back to clasic app my welcome code is not working so cant add hub to clasic app I try reset hub few times (30 sec. red button) no luck :frowning:

First Iā€™d contact support about your hub. Thereā€™s absolutely no reason why you canā€™t use the Classic app after you get you hub set back up. As far as I know, the Classic app should also let you set up a hub, but I canā€™t confirm that.

Iā€™ve experienced the same issue, and Iā€™m not sure what the root cause is. Sometimes the FMI stops responding and requires a power cycle, but most of the time itā€™s SmartThings. I still power cycle the FMI in that case.

You should never have to reset the hub to resolve issues like this, or with any other device. Typically a reboot or the device or hub will take care of the problem.

1 Like

I got hub working ok and have flow meter add in new smarthings app connected but interface is wrong.
I have on clasic smarthings app interface ok normal

Actually thatā€™s STā€™s problem with the capabilities of a water meter. ST doesnā€™t have ā€œwater meterā€ capabilities, only power and energy, which thatā€™s how this device is handled in the new app.

I highly suggest using the Classic app for the time being.

If you absolutely insist on using the new app, Power will be your GPH.

1 Like

Thank you !
No I donā€™t have to use new app I just want try and see if is working better on those false alarms on ā€œcontinuous flowā€ but new app fail on the beginning :))

1 Like