Fortrez Z Z-Wave Water Valve Randomly Showing Incorrect State

I posted this question on Amazon and I did receive a helpful answer. I will repeat it here in case someone else comes across a similar problem. The below did solve my immediate problems, but it does not explain why one sensor is going into power-save, and the other one is not. Anyway, my immediate crises is over because of the information below. Sadly, as part of Amazon’s continued downgrading it is no longer possible to have a two-way conversation with someone trying to help you.

(The location of the TMP button is shown in the Fibaro manual)

1. Remove the cover and press and hold the TMP button
  2. The device’s light will walk through different colors. Wait for the device to indicate desired position with a color:
    β€’ WHITE - confirmation of entering the menu
    β€’ GREEN - cancel alarm for associated devices and the controller
    (only if the device is no longer flooded)
    β€’ VIOLET - Z-Wave network’s range test
    β€’ YELLOW - full reset
  3. Release the TMP button when the light is green.
  4. Click the TMP button to confirm selection.
1 Like

Just stumbled across this one. I have the Fortrezz valve (2 actually) which has, from day 1 had trouble staying on the network (or at least reporting as connected). To work around this I purchased a zwave plug and and a few times a day cycle it on and off. In the groovy days, this seemed to solve the issue for a few hours at least. Post groovy/edge, it seems to reset my valves only briefly… When performing any operation with the valves I now cycle them on and off first and then actuate them. Interestingly once they drop connection, they both seem to report the opposite state as what they are. Ie the one that is almost always off reports as on while the one that is almost always on reports as off

I have a water cop valve that has started doing this within the last year. I did file a ticket with SmartThings but it got nowhere. Mine would go offline before this issue, but it would still close if a sensor detected water. I have a zigbee switch to power cycle it, but I do still have the incorrect state. Mine changes state about every 2 hours. I am running the stock edge driver. I came here looking for suggestions also.

During my ticket process, they confirmed it is an issue (after I sent screenshots, logs, etc.), but there wasn’t a solution to it, yet.

1 Like

Hi,
The stock Z-Wave Valve driver has an issue for manufacturers 0x0084, reverse state and commands for the c.c. Binary-Switch, but does not invert it for c.c. Basic.

If you want you can try this driver while they fix the stock driver.

1 Like

Anyone ever fix this? I have the Fortrezz valve and it’s had these issues pretty much since day one…

My valve paired with the stock zwave switch driver and works just fine with it.
I just know that Off=Open and On=Closed

Where could someone find this driver version ? I don’t see it in your mariano shared beta driver channel ?

Yes, the name is Z-Wave Valve Mc

Cheers, not sure how I missed it when I looked. Appreciate your work, hope it will help with my watercop :slight_smile:

I have the same problem but i use Heatit z-water valve
Started after migrating to edge. I use offical heatit drivers