Flashing Cree lights - no reason

They responded back, Cree that is, and replaced all my bulbs for free. Just finished replacing them all and will have to see if this is fixed over the next couple days.

spoke too soon… they are still flashing with the bulbs that were replaced…

I turned off the automatic firmware updates and I am having no issues with the replacement bulbs.

1 Like

I am having the same issue, for the past week all of my lights have been randomly flashing to 100% just about every hour, I have 14 of these cree lights throughout my house and its starting to really irritate me… oddly enough it started happening after the most recent smart things update…

it’s never been fixed. Cree even sent new bulbs to me and it’s still happening. just get rid of them, ask for a refund.

That sucks, I have way to much equipment to try to start replacing , is There a specific patch or update that started causing the problem? I highly doubt cree is going to replace my investment…

I had 15, they offered to repay me if I produced receipts… 2 years after purchase from home depot.

This had fixed itself for me and then about a week or two ago, my Cree bulbs began flashing again. This is getting ridiculous.

Cree bulbs are flashing at random times but more often than ever… Any way to fix this problem or should I just use them for target practice?

These random flashes on my Cree bulbs, is there no fix being worked on?

I’ve had this same problem since i 1st started using them back in early 2018. For most of 2019 they slowed way down, maybe a cpl times a week one would flash here and there. Here we are more than a year later and all 15 of my cree bulbs still flash randomly now more than ever. Often several times a day/night. I became curious so I removed one from my hub and factory defaulted it with the on off on off for 2 sec, wait for blink etc. and just used it as an ordinary bulb. Still flashes even when standalone, so now I’m not so sure its a ST issue. Anyone else tried this and/or is now more frequently flashing? Still no word of a fix I assume. Sorry to revive such an old post.

I have (10) Cree bulbs and none of them has ever ‘flashed’. They are the only smart bulbs I have in the house and they are all in lamps. Everything else is smart switches/outlets . No clue why the different outcomes experienced by those in this thread versus mine.

so i realize this thread is two years old but i have two that i know of that are doing this. they both seem to do it together although they are in different rooms so it’s hard to track. my hud updates automatically so it should be on the current version.