First motion detection of new day not triggering automations

I’m pretty new to SmartThings and have been slowly getting to grips with the platform. At the moment my automations largely deal with controlling some Philips Hue lights and my Samsung TV in the mornings after I get up.

I have two automations set to trigger when the SmartThings motion sensor in my kitchen detects motion in the morning. The automations are set up as follows:

Automation 1
IF
Time: 04:00 - 07:00
Every day; Only once per day
AND
Motion Sensor
Motion Detected
THEN
4x Hue Lights
On; Dimmer: 5

Automation 2
IF
Time: 04:00 - 07:00
Every day; Only once per day
AND
Motion Sensor
Motion Detected
THEN
4x Hue Lights
On; Dimmer: 50; 1 minute after
TV
Ambient Mode On; 1 minute after

The problem I’m having is that the automations are not triggering when I first enter the kitchen in the morning. Instead, from looking at the History in the app, it seems the automations only activate when motion is detected for a second time.

For example, this is what my History says from this morning (NB the first 05:03 log is the first entry I have in History for the day):

05:03
Kitchen Motion Sensor
motion: Motion detected

05:03
Kitchen Motion Sensor
motion: No Motion

05:04
Kitchen Motion Sensor
motion: Motion detected

Automation 1
Automation 1 has been activated

Automation 2
Automation 2 has been activated

The logs for the devices switching on then follow after this and the automations seem to work fine once they are activated. However, to actually get the automations to activate I need to enter the room then leave the room and enter again, which is really annoying.

If anyone can figure out what is going on here and suggest how I can get the automations to trigger the first time the motion senor detects motion I would appreciate it.

For reference, I’m on the V3 hub.

I am facing the same issue you described. Have you gotten an answer or resolution yet ? I appreciate your feedback!