First Day with ST

Been “online” for a few hours and just trying to familiarize myself with functionality. So far the experience has been pretty painless but I do have a few quick question before proceeding with SmartApps…

Is there a quick way to configure when modes are generated - essentially how do I configure ST to enter Away mode when both myself and wife are away from home (via SmartSense Presence)??

I don’t want to configure a bunch of mode-specific tasks unless I know it will enter correct mode based on our locations.

Next, is a simple SmartPower switch task - turn on a lamp when we are gone. I have yet to find the correct SmartApp to configure this simple task. I feel like I’m missing something.

Finally, I want to configure a MultiSense task off texting a phone number when a specific door is opened. I quickly configured the SmartApp for this task using my cell number but what about adding my wife’s number? Do I create an duplicated task (with a slightly different name) and input her number in this case? That’s the only way I seem to get the dual-notifications I’m looking for.

Thanks in advance for help. Thus far I’m pretty impressed and enjoying setup.

I’ve discovered Bon Voyage to trigger mode change just now.

Disregard question 1 of 3 above…

The app “Make It So” will take care of your lamp request. Set it to become active when in Away mode.

“Notify Me When” will take care of your open/close notification via SMS scenario.

Thanks Kyle. I will check out Make It So.

As for Notify Me When, I have configured it to notify me via text message to my number but what about sending a duplicate text to my wife (if I’m out of town). Do I create two separate Notify Me When tasks - one names Notify Dad and another Notify Mom, each with a different contact number? Or is there a way to contact to people with one task?

Just programmed “Make It So” - thanks again!

Sorry for grammatical error on follow up - Is there a way to contact two people (via two separate cell numbers) with one task?

@Ryan Martin,

I modified “Notify Me When” to take multiple SMS phone numbers delimited by semicolons. It’s named “Notify One to Many When”. I shared it in the convenience section. If you don;t see it let me know and I’ll ask the ST support folks to post it.

Twack

Thanks Twack!

I’ll check it out and let you know, can you point me towards the convenience section?

It’s not listed anymore Twack, if you don’t mind asking for them to re-post.

Thanks!

`I submitted request for public use. Should be soon.

Thanks again!