Finally a functional UI, Hue 2.0 launched

Found the scenes. BURIED. Go to the room, and the bottom right paint tray…not easy to find.

Huh???

No one prevents you from creating a “whole house” room. And once you did it, click on it and go to “scenes” tab. If you click the “+” sign, then you can create a whole house scene…

Sorry, should be more clear. Create the room, now it’s in your main home page…once you click in it, you will see on the bottom right a paint tray icon where you can attach scenes to that room.

1 Like

But that would remove the lights from all of the other rooms.

1 Like

It doesn’t…is not like in ST world, is actually one to many relationship!

UPDATE: I take that back…sorry, you’re correct…:frowning:

It’s even worse, it doesn’t even alert you that you are about to erase all of your rooms…

1 Like

Ahhh… they are tabs up at the top on Android. I thought you found some magic scene creator for multi-room. )c:

2 Likes

Maybe they will add it in the future. It looks like they only did enough to not conflict with a HomeKit structure without actually adopting it.

I haven’t looked at it yet, I’m assuming it doesn’t have zones?

exactly, i don’t see anything about rooms anywhere…
is this a hue v2 hub thing?

I posted the screenshot up above. But it’s for iOS, Android apparently, it’s up top. Clearly they did a bad job of the UI here if so many people are having trouble finding it.

On Android, there are three tabs on the Home screen “Rooms|Routines|More”.

And no, I am on the v1Bridge and it works just fine.

Hmmmm… I actually never use the damn app.

AmI missing something awesome?

found it, two different app versions, v2 appears unavailable for my tab…, I was thrashing around in the updated version of the old app…

2 Likes

k, ok, this is counter intuitive. If you go into a room, then click on each bulb, you can set the colors you like, then click the “+” sign and that would allow you to save a new “scene”. If you look udder the “scenes” tab, you will see it there, or you can pick any of the preset scenes…

No, you are not…

2 Likes