[OBSOLETE] Filtrete 3M-50 Wi-Fi Thermostat. Version 2.0 Released 12/17/2016

did you set up CoRE yet? You can add a task to HoldON when temperature set to override schedule

Has anyone figured out a way to get the CT50 (3M-50) to go into ā€œStayā€ mode using ST and your presence sensor? I would like it to just automatically change to a higher temperature when I leaveā€¦ thanks

use CoRE to do that and more.

does this help?

That might work. The 3m-50 has an away setting that when I activate it in the Radio Thermostat app, sets it to a predetermined setting and holds it there till I turn off the Away mode. I was hoping with ST I could just activate the Away mode, but have been unable to figure out howā€¦ what you are showing me looks like it will accomplish the same thingā€¦ will need to go try thatā€¦ thanks

Why did you use ā€œSIMPLEā€ instead of ā€œBASICā€?

because basic is if then
and simple allows an else statement.

so else if its not home or evening and if my wife is not home.

easier to do that then to have more than 1 rule

1 Like

I canā€™t seem to get any thermostat detail on the screen. I followed the instructions for device handler and created new device with the correct type. The thermostat is wifi and I put the correct IP. I even assigned it to pollster. So whatā€™s wrong?

did you get this to work?

Yes its working. But when i set the temperature up or down, theres a delay. For example when it starts at 75 and i set to 70. I press down and it counts down from 75 to 70 then it jumps back to like any number in between like 72.

yes
thats just the way it is
i hardly ever adjust the temp with the ST app. Use the radio thermostat app or Smart Tiles. Or even better use the amazon echo

I donā€™t see ā€œRadio Thermostatā€ in the type field drop down when trying to add a new device?
Can someone help tell me what I screwed up? Thanks in advance for your help

Did you follow this readme?

1 Like

Yes and I see ā€œstatusbits : Radio Thermostatā€ in the device handlers table but when I go to add a new device type it isnā€™t there.

Thanks for your help

usually userā€™s device type handlers located at the bottom of the list. Try scrolling down.

This device handler has been working great for the last 6 months, and it has been working with echo (as a smartthings thermostat). Recently when issuing a temperature change via amazon echo it has started saying: ā€˜That command does not work on device thermostatā€™

But the command is successful, is anyone else experiencing this? I donā€™t see anything in the logs indicating an error.

Version 1.0.3
Smarthings hub 2.

yes mine has been doing that for at least 1-2 weeks. The setpoint DOES get set correctly but Alexa says ā€œthat command blah blah blahā€. Before this, she would say ā€œOKā€.

I have not investigated the issue beyond commanding setpoint and looking at the livelog below.

abcMYUNIQUEAPP 7:50:51 PM: debug set to 68.0 (heat)
abcMYUNIQUEAPP 7:50:51 PM: debug currentHeatingSetpoint: 66.0 currentThermostatSetpoint: null
abcMYUNIQUEAPP 7:50:51 PM: debug Mode: heat TemperatureScale: F
abcMYUNIQUEAPP 7:50:51 PM: debug Set Thermostat temperature to 20.0
abcMYUNIQUEAPP 7:50:51 PM: debug control, params: [appId:abcMYUNIQUEAPP, param1:control, param2:xyzMYUNIQUEDEVICE, param3:SetTargetTemperatureRequest, param4:20, action:[GET:executeSmartAppGet, POST:executeSmartAppPost, PUT:executeSmartAppPut, DELETE:executeSmartAppDelete, OPTIONS:executeSmartAppOptions], controller:smartAppApi, id:xyzMYUNIQUEDEVICE, command:SetTargetTemperatureRequest, value:20], request: [:], devices: null params.id: xyzMYUNIQUEDEVICE params.command: SetTargetTemperatureRequest params.value: 20
abcMYUNIQUEAPP 7:50:22 PM: debug set to 66.0 (heat)
abcMYUNIQUEAPP 7:50:22 PM: debug currentHeatingSetpoint: 68.0 currentThermostatSetpoint: null
abcMYUNIQUEAPP 7:50:22 PM: debug Mode: heat TemperatureScale: F
abcMYUNIQUEAPP 7:50:22 PM: debug Set Thermostat temperature to 18.89
abcMYUNIQUEAPP 7:50:22 PM: debug control, params: [appId:abcMYUNIQUEAPP, param1:control, param2:xyzMYUNIQUEDEVICE, param3:SetTargetTemperatureRequest, param4:18.89, action:[GET:executeSmartAppGet, POST:executeSmartAppPost, PUT:executeSmartAppPut, DELETE:executeSmartAppDelete, OPTIONS:executeSmartAppOptions], controller:smartAppApi, id:xyzMYUNIQUEDEVICE, command:SetTargetTemperatureRequest, value:18.89], request: [:], devices: null params.id: xyzMYUNIQUEDEVICE params.command: SetTargetTemperatureRequest params.value: 18.89

Iā€™m having the same issue. I thought it may have been due to re-configuring the Thermostat to a new wi-fi access point, but I just put the old AP back in service to test, and the error is still there.
Like you, requests to echo still work, but she tells me ā€œThe command does not workā€¦ā€

One interesting point is that if I tell her to set thermostat to the current set point, she tells me something like ā€œThemostat is already set to XX degreesā€ instead of ā€œThat command doesnā€™t workā€¦ā€

Installed but. I am not seeing anything on my App, all the fields are clear w no updates. Also noticed the device network ID is empty. Any ideasā€¦ Thanks

RadioThermostat Version 2.0 is Released!

Iā€™m pleased to announce release of the RadioThermostat Version 2.0.

Whatā€™s new in this release?

• Completely redesigned UI using new multi-attribute tile.
  • Implemented automatic polling. Pollster is no longer required.
  • Check for upper and lower temperature limits when setting heating and cooling setpoints.

Please head to my Github repository to grab a new version while itā€™s hot! :=)

1 Like