[OBSOLETE] Filtrete 3M-50 Wi-Fi Thermostat. Version 2.0 Released 12/17/2016

Odd problem, and no I haven’t started, but would you have any advice on the 3m-30 with a Wi-Fi module? After buying it I found out the LCD does not display the auth code because it physically isn’t big enough… So I’ve need to figure out how to get it to register to a Wi-Fi network without actually completing the process.

Haven’t broken out the scope or logic analyzer yet… No time… But suggestions would be most welcome if any one hit problems like this before.

I’ve followed the instructions (twice now) … and each time I am getting the following error - however it does create the device. Additionally, when trying to refresh in the app, I get an “Error: An unexpected error has occurred message” … can you offer any help? It’s much appreciated!

There appears to be a problem with the IDE right now.

I was able to create the device type and device although when viewing the device on the app, I have no control. All of my icons are also – or [mode],[fan mode], etc

That means that the hub cannot communicate with the thermostat. Make sure you’ve entered IP address of the thermostat correctly.

I for sure have the IP address right. Is there a way to validate what port to use. Or is it always 80.

I have changed the IP address to a static IP and confirmed that the Thermostat is communicating tithe the web. Any other ideas,. I still have the port set to 80 with no success. I am assuming I should not have to do any port forwarding on my router.

Any help is much appreciated.

Open a web browser and type <your-ip-address>/tstat in the address bar. If the thermostat is working, then you should see something like this:

{"temp":72.50,"tmode":2,"fmode":0,"override":0,"hold":0,"t_cool":80.00,"tstate":0,"fstate":0,"time":{"day":5,"hour":16,"minute":44},"t_type_post":0}

It seems to connect except in my IE browser I get “Do you want to open or save tstat.json”. It wont open so not sure what else to do.

Go to SmartThings IDE Logging view (https://graph.api.smartthings.com/ide/logs) and watch the logs as you press “Refresh” in the thermostat device. You can copy the logs and PM it to me.

@vadao @geko I changed the IP of my thermostat the other day, it stopped getting info from the thermostat but would send commands to it successfully. The way I fixed this after trying everything else was to look in the logs and update the device network id in the device type to what the logs were outputting in the log as the device network id.

Changing the network ID to match what is in the logs did the trick!!! Many thanks to both gecko and mattjfrank.

@geko Great app!!! Thank you very much for contributing and the time devoted.

Just a couple of things I noticed:

1. had to change the network ID like @vadao to get working
  2. I receive the following error when trying to change heat temp. I wonder if this had to do with the fact I’m running in Celsius.

error groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: script1416864863832743819686.temperatureCtoF() is applicable for argument types: (java.lang.Double) values: [21.600000381469727] @ line 346

Keep it coming!

k, maybe I’m asking to much but how to I get this thermostats to go into away when the home is in away, better yet away after so much time. I’m a really new to this stuff and finding it really addicting,.

1 Like

Wow! Awesome thread! Thanks @geko for writing this! I’m just curious… any chance this might work with the Netatmo thermostat?

Here’s the link to that device’s page: https://www.netatmo.com/product/thermostat.

I’ll give it a shot at installing your app anyways while I wait for an answer! lol!

Thanks!

AFAIK, Netatmo uses entirely different API. I won’t work.

1 Like

ouch… thanks… I’ll keep looking then… any ideas where to look?

Guys, OK new to this…love this smarthings stuff.

I have 2 of these 3M-50 thermostats (downstairs & upstairs) & went through the step by step instructions, etc…I believe both are set up correctly & show up in the My Device List section. However when I go to my Smartthings iPhone app, both thermostats show up but they are giving dashes "- - " & not giving me any temperature readings…

What did I do wrong?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Make sure that you entered correct IP address. You can check that your IP address is correct using any web browser. Just type the IP address int the address bar. The next step is to open the log window in the IDE and watch for errors.

IP addresses look right…and both are coming up when I search for the ip address/tstat

I am getting an error in the logs…it says this:

57a0e980-81be-4468-8ecb-e0ce7a147016 12:26:23 PM CST: error org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; lineNumber: 1; columnNumber: 1; Content is not allowed in prolog. @ line 437

Any idea what that is?

How do I know what Port my thermostats are?