'Fibaro Z-Wave FGK-101 Temperature & Door/Window Sensor' Full Support Handler

fibaro
dth_sensors

@geeji

Well some progress has been made, I attached the naked DS18B20 and the Fibaro is reading 85 degrees which is not correct. Some threads online suggest that this is some kind of error reading from the DS18B20, I have tried 3 so far. I will continue, hoping that it is not the Fibaro.

UPDATE:
I decided to throw the sensor in the refrigerator to see if it brought the temperature down and the 85 degrees was a product of the short connections and self heating. Turns out it was, temperature is much closer to real temp and in Fahrenheit. So I don’t think it was a function of a faulty Fibaro. I have reset the sensor with your device handler and I will see if it has full functionality after confirming the hardware is working. I will update this post in case other people have similar problems in the future.

(Dave N) #428

I was getting ready to get this contact and probe in preparation for the summer pool/solar water heater I built but…
While searching I discovered this FGFS-101-ZW5. It is Z-Wave+, waterproof and floats; ticks all the boxes.
Is there any change the DTH would work for this in your opinion? @geeji

(JJG) #429

@daven
You provided no URL for your FGFS-101-ZW5, so it is very difficult to answer.
But if it is not a Fibaro device, my custon Device Handler has zero chance to work in full.
Zwave is a « standard », but like too many « open standards » it normalize properly (well, 98%) the electrical/radio layer, but the above layers are specific to every manufacturer.

(Dave N) #430

Sorry for not providing URL

(JJG) #431

Sorry, it won’t work : the Fibaro Flood Sensor Manual shows that Parameters numbers are completely different.
Beware that it is NOT water-proof, but “sink-proof” : it floats above water.
But I would not bet it does not oxidize when floating for too long (it is intended to float just for the duration of the flood alarm).

(Dave N) #432

Thanks for the input. I did find n the FAQ where they confirm waterproof as that was one of y questions. It does take external probes but I’ll just go back to the tried and true FGK-101