'Fibaro Z-Wave FGK-101 Temperature & Door/Window Sensor' Full Support Handler

Yeah, it looks like this:

Well, as I suspected, it is a ā€œstandardā€ SmartThings Tile, unrelated to my custom Handler.
Furthermore, it seems misleading since AFAIK, there is no Z-Wave command which allows to test the currrent state of the bottom switch, so the ā€œTAMPEREDā€ status could as well be completely obsolete if the tamper switch is again pressed down, but the corresponding message has been lost.

Hi JjG-

Oh geez is this thread about your handler? I didnā€™t mean to blame this on your handler.

This device behaved oddly when I was trying to use it as a temp sensor, and itā€™s behaving oddly now too as a contact sensor.

I have mixed opinions about this device. It seems finicky in its configuration, and it uses expensive batteries, but it offers a feature set thatā€™s hard to pass up. So much so that Iā€™ve now bought 4 more of them.

This first one is the most temperamental, but itā€™s also the only one that Iā€™ve hardwired with a 3.3v voltage regulator, so maybe that has something to do with it. It fulfills its basic functionality, but the un-clearable tamper detected state is annoying. Perhaps Iā€™ll try to remove and re-include it, but its not in the most accessible location so Iā€™m not too excited by the prospectā€¦

Hi wgmcg,

Since you have 5 FGK-10x and apparently only one is really troublesome, I would suggest you check the firmware version of all 5 : since bought at different times, you may have got different versions.
As explained several times in this thread, the ZW5 version (Data.version > 2.5, Version.SubVersion >=3.2) has a completely different firmware full of vicious bugs.
Sadly, the ā€œShow Deviceā€ window of the IDE wonā€™t even show the Data.version for FGK10x ZW5 devices ! :rage:

Sorry I cannot help more.

Hi Geeji - anyway to display a tile that shows the last reported Temperature reading time?

Hi KB111,

I am not sure I understand your question.

If by ā€œreading timeā€ you mean the actual time the DS18B20 did the temperature measurement, it would depend how it reported it : if the report was triggered by the threshold parameter (+/-0.3Ā°C since last report), the measurement occurred just before the report, since it is what triggered it.

Alternatively, if it was a periodic temperature report (every 4 hours), it would depend what kind of FGK-10x you do have : with the ZW5 version, since the periodic report is auto-activated from within the FGK-101 itself, a new temperature measurement may, or may not, have been performed just before this wake-up.
Due to Parameter #50 setting, the delay since last measurement cannot be more that 15mn.

With the pre-ZW5 FGK-10x version, since the periodic report is managed by the Handler, based on the automatic wake-ups every 1 hour and synchronous temperature queries, , the corresponding temperature measurement should have occurred simultaneously with the report.

If I misunderstood your question, please clarify.

Thank you. What I mean is: in the smartthings iOS app I want to have a tile, like there is for temperature, sensor, and battery level, that also shows ā€œlast temp reading timeā€.

???
But you have that information in the ā€œRecentlyā€ Tile ?.

Correct Geeji - So I want to display that same Time value as a tile on the main page where the Temperature and Battery level are at now. I just donā€™t know the name of that value of Time of Temperature Reading from your code.

Format would be something like the Battery one, but with ā€œTemp Read Timeā€.

This is the Battery one:

valueTile("battery", "device.battery", inactiveLabel: false, decoration: "flat") {
		state "battery", label:'Battery ${currentValue}%' /*battery*/, unit:""
	}

You could try ā€œstate.lastReportTimeā€, a long integer.

PS : by definition, this time-stamp refers to the last Temperature Report EVENT, and NOT to the last temperature MEASUREMENT; i.e. a temperature difference of 0.2Ā°C, whenever measured, would not be reported, and thus would not modify the ā€œstate.lastReportTimeā€ time-stamp.
But if you want to display side-by-side a temperature value and the time it was actually reported, both values remain consistent.

Thanks. I tried this below but it didnā€™t show anything. Iā€™m new to this so appreciate the help.

valueTile(ā€œlastReportTimeā€, ā€œstate.lastReportTimeā€, inactiveLabel: false, decoration: ā€œflatā€) {
state ā€œlastReportTimeā€, label:'Time: ${currentValue}, unit:ā€œā€
}

Perhaps someone can help me out?

I have the FGK-101 hooked up to a DS18B20 for my outdoor pond. My problem is the temperature in Smartthings is 6c lower from actual water temperature. Iā€™ve used a regular thermometer and a digital probe and they both match each other.

Maybe thereā€™s something wrong with either the DS18B20 or the FGK-101?
Can I mod the handler to correct for this offset?

Thanks in advance. :slight_smile:

Hi Francis,

6Ā°C is a HUGE discrepancy, considering that the DS18B20 is supposed to be +/-0.5Ā°C accurate from ā€“10Ā°C to +85Ā°C.
There is something very wrong there.
I suppose you bought a ā€œremote DS18B20ā€ that you did not build yourself; I would try to buy an other one from a different vendor firstā€¦
Also, what kind of FGK-101 do you have : ZW5 or pre-ZW5 ? (see above in this thread how to tell).
The ZW5 FGK-101 is definitely more quircky that its previous incarnation, but it should not explain such a discrepancy.
If worse comes to worst, I suppose you could use Parameter #53 ā€œTemperature offsetā€ to correct all values, but that would amount to set a clock right by turning the cadrantā€¦

Thanks for the reply.
I bought the DS18B20 from Amazonā€¦ https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00KLZQ0P8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 as suggested by others. They said it worked for them. I wired it into the FGK-101 as per instructions.

I believe itā€™s pre-ZW5 (zw:S type:2001 mfr:010F prod:0700 model:2000 ver:2.05 zwv:3.67 lib:03 cc:30,9C,60,85,72,70,86,80,56,84,7A ccOut:2B ep:[ā€˜2001 30ā€™, ā€˜2101 31ā€™])

Where would I find Parameter #53ā€¦ I donā€™t see it in this custom device handler.?

You could ask for a replacement at Amazon : they will do it, no question asked.
Parameter #53 exists only for ZW5 FGK-101, and for pre-ZW5 FGK-101you would have to hard code the temperature adjustement within my JJā€™s Fibaro FGK-10x ZW5 Handler.
Replace line 311 with :

switch (device.name) {
    case '_your_actual_device_name_' :										
    	scaledSensorValue = scaledSensorValue + _your_correction_in_Ā°C_    // like +6.0 to increase by +6Ā°C
  	log.debug "Temp Adjust for : ${device.name}"
        break;

But again, I would advise for you to find a cure to this discrepancy directly within your hardware, this workaround being only a dirty last resortā€¦

1 Like

Thanks @geeji, Iā€™ll hold off on the code change just yet. Iā€™ve ordered a new probe and should get it in two days. Iā€™m hoping thatā€™s all it is and will post an update. Keeping fingers crossed.

First of all, I seriously doubt my current problem with this Fibaro device has anything at all to do with this DH. I post here because other owners of this device may have experienced similar problems. Here goesā€¦

I bought this sensor back in Feb this year and with Geeji DH it has been working flawlessly measuring my hottub water temperature. The sensor is located on the outside of my hottub which is sitting on my deck in the backyard. My ST hub is located in the basement of my house. When ST receives a temperature event it passes it on to my EventGhost (EG) server. If more than 4 hours has expired between the last event, EG notifies me there may be a problem. There never was and shortly there after the sensor updated ST. No problem until recently.

Starting a little over 1 week ago EG was notifying me on a regular basis that the sensor had stopped reporting. After 6+ hours, still no update, I would go outside and press the button on the bottom. The sensor would update ST almost immediately. This would follow with 3 or 4 more updates (anywhere from 30 min - 4 hrs apart) when, again the sensor appeared to stop reporting. Pressing the button on the back would wake the device and all would be good for a while.

I decided to move my hub upstairs closer to the device (40 feet at most to the hot tub) , ran z-wave repair several times but it made no difference. Other than moving the hub there have been no changes. It appears to be a communication problem but its beyond me why this suddenly appears now. Could a weak batter (40% remaining) cause a weaker signal?

Why donā€™t you change first the battery, and see what happens ?
In my experience, when below 50%, the battery is close to the end, and the FGK-10x behavior becomes erratic.
I confirm my custom handler should report AT LEAST once every 4 hours, unless some communication problem precludes it from doing so.

Yeah, I have ordered new batteries. What I donā€™t understand though is why pressing the button on the bottom updates the device status almost immediately. This suggest there is no communication problems and the battery has sufficient power to send an update to the hub. Anyhoooā€¦ Will change the battery and see if this improves the situation. Stay tuned ā€¦ :slight_smile:

New battery installed and also rewired the red wire which appeared loose. All good so far. I would like to put this through the paces though and change the 4 hour reporting to 1 hour. I know this will kill the battery rapidly but I got lots more of those. Can you tell me which lines I have to change in your driver???