Fibaro Things - General

@wackware
Is this unit Outdoor Rated?

How much did this unit go for?

In the range section it lists the range for outdoor use, but in the Guarantee, it will not cover damage from the elements. I could see it being placed under an eve would probably be ok.

As for cost:
http://www.vesternet.com/us/z-wave-fibaro-motion-sensor-us

Exciting stuff,well done!
Do you have the device type code on github so that we test?

The 3 Amigos

7 Likes

Cool!

Is that a tamper sensor tile?

Yes it is a Tamper sensor tile. Should it have a tile or just a state that can be subscribed to by an app? Iā€™m curious as to the different use cases that people would have for it. Your thoughts?

The motion sensor has a acceleration sensor that can also set to be a tamper sensor (alarm). Itā€™s sensitivity is very accurate and can even be adjusted. I programmed it as an acceleration sensor as I thought that it would have more use cases. Kind of like the ST Multi.

So what other Fibaro goodness are you working on? :smile:

I think it should trigger an event. I may want to know if someone messed with the device intentional or not.

I think you are the first to do something with a tamper sensor. Iā€™ve always wanted it triggered on the Aeon Door/Window sensor.

We need the device type code!!!
It would be great!

Awesome stuff, TWACK!! IMO, Fibaro makes some of the best looking sensors available, albeit a little expensive. Worth it when it helps with WAF.

Has Fibaro been of assistance? I heard they were assisting with the ST integration.

Actually not : the custom device handler I published on this same thread on October 3rd for the ā€œFibaro FGK-101 Temperature & Door/Window Sensorā€ HAS the tampering option of the FGK-101 activated.
It does generate a ā€œtamperingā€ event when it occurs.

@wackware

Santa just dropped one of these at my front door.

Wow, what an amazing form factor! Canā€™t wait to try out your device type!

1 Like

me too!
I hope he posts a link to his github page.I found it but the device type isnā€™t published yet

Iā€™d like to meet the Fibaro engineers. They are quite creative.

An option would be to utilize the handle posted by @geeji as it provides the foundation for whatā€™s needed in regards to Fibaro devices. I havenā€™t tried to use it with the motion sensor [yet] as Iā€™m still waiting on those from Vesternetā€¦ Regardless, Iā€™d still love to contrast the code (geeji and wackware) as Iā€™m trying to acclimate myself to this platform. So please post what you have @wackware unless your still tweaking the code of course.

@beckwith / @wackware - post some pics of them in place. Pics on a website/spec sheet are one thingā€¦pics showing them in actual use is better in my opinion. You get a better sense of scale with pics taken further away and seeing how they blend or donā€™t blend in to the house.

Someone already posted this:

1 Like

Thanks, @beckwith Once you get one mounted, can you also take a pic of it ā€œin the environmentā€? Ive seen several videos and it looks small and unobtrusive. But it is also shiny and it looks like the light is bright. Iā€™m curious if it becomes distracting.

Also, the reviews have said it is a very sensitive motion sensor. Is that what you are seeing as well?

Not distracting in my my situation. It is capable of configuring the LED if you find it distracting, of course a device type needs to be written for these.

It serves my present purpose of triggering light switch. Havenā€™t seen false triggers. You can configure it for pets of course again needs device type.

What really sets this device apart is its form factor. It is so small compared to the Aeon multisensor. Placement is extremely convenient because of its size and form. It is round with a clever plastic clamping bracket. You can place it on any flat surface but still target your motion zone. Sometimes determining final placement can take time so this convenience really helps.

The Fiber Group takes a normally single function LED status light and moves it front and center with clever attractive USEFUL options out of the wazoo. With a UPS backed hub, for example, you can have it light the room when power goes off. Again, a device type will be needed that allows us to configure these options.

To me this is classic ā€œform follows functionā€. They addressed the functional needs and resulted in an elegant form.

Oh god I hope we see a device type soon to take advantage of all of these settings!!!