Fibaro smoke sensor not reporting temp

unfortunately, mine doesn’t work :frowning:

What exactly is not working for you? After creating new device type you must install the simulator to the unit you are trying to configure

In the app, the smoke sensor show the word “CLEAR”, but “–” for both temperature and battery(?), it has been there for a day.

How do you “creating new device type & install the simulator”?

Have you tried tripple clicking the button on the sensor to wake it up?

Yes, I tried that. I also removed it from ST, reset and re-added into ST.

May I know your version of the sensor? I suspect mine was on the latest firmware that need diff handler.

Go to IDE

Click on My Device Handlers

Click Create New Device Handler

Click From Template

Select Fibaro Smoke Sensor and create

From the simulator on RH side, select your location and the device you want to configure

Triple click the button on the smoke sensor and click the configure button on the simulator, if you also have a tab with live logging you will be able to see if the configuration is sendt and received

I got this error, pairing problem?

d8c03317-c0ae-4be5-9ee6-5352550f994a 11:56:40 PM: debug Fibaro smoke sensor not sending configure until secure
d8c03317-c0ae-4be5-9ee6-5352550f994a 11:56:40 PM: debug configure() >> isSecured() : false
d8c03317-c0ae-4be5-9ee6-5352550f994a 11:56:08 PM: debug Updated with settings: [smokeSensorSensitivity:High, zwaveNotificationStatus:all notifications, visualIndicatorNotificationStatus:all notifications, soundNotificationStatus:exceeding temperature threshold, temperatureReportInterval:30 minutes, excessTemperatureSignalingInterval:null, lackOfZwaveRangeIndicationInterval:null]

@Tyler need your advice here

Are you getting an error during pairing about Secure Inclusion not completing?

Where can I see the pairing info?

So far I tried to un-pair and re-pair the sensors for 3 times. I do noted when I add the smoke sensor, the add things process alway not showing the sensor found but after I cancel it, I can find the sensor added.

I noted the z-wave finger print is different from the one in the handler, and that result in SmartThings already pair it as"z-wave sensor", and I’ve to manually change the device type in IDE.

Separately, I duplicated the Fibaro smoke sensor handler and updated the finger print, then SmartThings able to use the correct handler during the pairing, but I still can’t see the device info in the app.

This was probably causing the Configuration issue. If the device doesn’t pair correctly we can’t configure it correctly.

If you use the DTH with the updated fingerprint it should pair AND fingerprint correctly.

In the events list for the device or the hub do you see Secure Inclusion failures around the time of the pairing? Either way, it might be helpful to try pairing within 5-10 feet of the hub.

I removed and added the smoke sensor again, placing the sensor next to the hub.
From the log, seems like ok but I still see “–” in the app.

I also went into the app config, set the settings, done, and press the B button right after.

Can you click on that “zwjoin” event and share a screenshot of that event detail page?

Thanks for following up. Here you go:

Can you confirm the exact model number?

On the box, there’s a label say V2/5 EU.
On the back of the sensor FGSS-001

Only the 002 model is supported by Smartthings

Putting the official support aside, we are here for unofficial support. It can connect to SmartThings, so there must be way to parse the message from the sensor.

I give you a simple example, the official handler for Fibaro motion sensor don’t support update of parameters, I added the functionality into the handler.

So I hope it’s the same case for the smoke sensor.

Ahh, I see. The original problem in this thread was for the 002. Maybe you should create a new thread asking for 001 support.

By the way @Tyler I am still not able to update the settings from the app on my 002 smoke sensor. I have to use the configuration button in the IDE simulator to get it to take the settings. Any solution for this?

Sorry to revive an old thread, @Tyler … but I got a problem with my Fibaro smoke sensor…

There’s a parameter that sets off the siren once the temperature exceeds the preset threshold, however this parameter is unfortunately disabled by default by Fibaro as per their website below…

FIBARO Smoke Sensor has an additional function of informing of exceeding the programmed temperature threshold. The function is disabled by default in parameter 2 settings.

I couldn’t find a device handler for the smoke sensor either… any idea how to get this activated?