Fibaro Smoke detector

@ktsi, Did your battery percentage ever show up in the end?

Joe was very helpful yesterday and changed both of my Fibaro Smoke Sensors from ‘Generic Z-Wave Device’ to the Fibaro, but my battery level has been 0% since which was more than 24 hours ago.

Also, I’m not 100% sure this device is configured correctly. When I look at it in ‘My Devices’ it shows under Data “configured: false”

Although I may be missinterpretting what this means. I’m new to all this.

EDIT: 36 hours later one of them is now showing as “configured: true” and the battery percentage shows within the app.

@Aurial try to push the button on the smoke sensor once. On my device the temp showed up and went from configured:false to true.

Thanks for the reply!

It’s started reporting the battery now, and shows as configured in the IDE. The only issue I’m having now is that it’s absolutely canning the battery. One is down to 65% and the other is down to 75% in less than a week. I thought these batteries were claimed to last 2 years+ !!!

Apparently there are 2 versions of the sensor. I have the old one, which apparently it is not supported. Of course this was not mentioned when I bought the sensor and now I have escalated it to their customer support.

Sometimes I tend to believe that they are not really professional.

Hi , I have two Fibaro Smoke detectors FGSD -002 that I want both to sound when one discovers smoke. Is this easy to set up?

@Aurial mine shows still 100% battery after two weeks.

Hello Support and all
I got a FGSS-001 Fibaro Smoke Sensor.
Had all the original problems associated with it as decried by others above, in the beginning the device registered/paring only as generic “Z-Wave device”, then I when online at the IED and changed:
The name
The Label
The type
Then undated and the device was seen by the app as a “Fibaro Smoke Sensor” with the relevant graphics in the app UI. BUT
The device is not configure corectly so i get the “Configuration; false” message on IED and no response in the app and no battary percentage “–/--”.

Is there a device handler for this to fix the device?
Why is the device not working if it is suppose to be supported?

Spock

I have this device now, recognised as Generic, changed the type to Fibaro and I’m still not sure - config is set as FALSE and its the FGSS-001 sensor

Should I be using another driver ?

Shaun

Configuration now set to TRUE and its reported battery (100% - probably is) and Temp (28.7 C - which it isn’t)

I’ve done the self-test this passed and is fine

I’ve done a real smoke test - that works and the Fibaro makes an alarm sound - great

Trouble is, the app and IDE are not reporting this - so its either not being send or not being received and acted on.

I know the z-wave on the ST is fine, as I have some Fibaro motion sensor and they work great.

Is there an update to the device driver somewhere thats not being used by the IDE when I changed the type in the setup ?

Shaun

Well got the official reply from Samsung - basically the 001 model is a ‘close’ z-wave architecture and will not work correctly with the ST - the 002 model is fine and will work out of the box.

So, learned my lesson, and 001 is going back and I’ve ordered an 002 for cheaper than the 001 strangely…

Shaun

hi Tyler
Any update on this pls?

the 002 model i have has stoped reporting battery and has not updated temperature for 4 days now.

This issue was fixed months ago.

I’d recommend re-pairing it or contacting Fibaro support.

do i need a new devce handler after I repair Tyler?
it just reported temperature as i presed the top button once but the battery reading says “__”.

I am in the UK.

thanks for that

No, it should work with the default Device Type Handler. From your description it sounds like the device didn’t get configured correctly.

Pair it again, then if it still doesn’t work try following the steps in the Edit Device page. It should recommend pressing the button a few times.

My battery is draining very quickly on the 002 smoke sensor. After about 20 days its down to 50%. Can’t believe thats right.

Could be dodgy battery reporting, or a badd battery.

I have other Fibaro motion sensors, batteries are still 100% with those ones.

Perhaps you have similar ??

Hi there,
I’ve got the generic device problem with a new FGSD-002 and Smartthings V2 Hub.
Any advice or fix?
Many thanks,
Mike

Just use the IDE to change the device type to ‘Fibaro Smoke Sensor’

Wait 24’ish hours and the temp and battery will eventually appear on the smartphone app

Shaun

Thanks Shaun.
Easy when you know how.

Did you manage to solve your battery drainage problems on your Fibaro smoke sensors ?

I have similar on mine, not sure what to do.

Hi Shaun,

I think the battery readout settled down after a couple of weeks and sat steady at around 60%. I’d love to check for you now but they’re buried in a box somewhere as we’ve just moved house. Once I dig them out I’ll check and update you.