Fibaro Single Switch 2 no longer responds to status (January 2020)

The github repo has a folder Fibarogroup where are all the public DHs like the single and dual switch 2.

As I said, there is listed not all Fibaro DHs available in ST

Not all of them are public. The Switch 2 DHs are public.

Hey folks. We’ve got a fix that should handle this that should make it’s way to production in about two weeks:

Not quite sure why this device started speaking to us using multichannel encapsulation all of a sudden, though.

3 Likes

Thanks for the update! You are awesome! :+1:

Was this error and fix exlusively related to the Switch 1 from Fribaro?

I and a whole bunch of other users are experiencing similar issues with Dimmer 2 and Wall Plug from Fibaro (both Zvawe plus and on newest firmware).

Statuses are reported sporadically, if at all. Delays up to 10-20 minutes sometimes. The problem started appearing a month ago or so.

Is ST aware of this issue, and is it being investigated?

The above fix went out only for the Switch 1. If anyone can confirm the issue is the same for the other devices mentioned I can apply the same fix to those DTHs as well.

1 Like

Refer to these threads for other users.

I could help you in troubleshooting/verifying, if you let me know what to look for… Im sitting here with a home full of Fibaro plugs reporting OFF on switch status, while still reporting power metering info / wattage, and not responding to events from app.

…and Dimmer 2’s that do pretty much the same.

I’m having this issue with fibaro dimmer 2 aswell would appreciate the help or if you need me to try anything? I’m on v2 hub dimmer 2 firmware 3.05

If it’s the same issue, then switching the DTH used with one that unencapsulates multichannel commands should work. If you’re willing to switch one of your Dimmer 2s that is not correctly reporting on/off to use the current/updated Fibaro Single Switch 2 DTH and then report back with whether the on/off reporting is now immediate and correct, that could basically verify it for us.

Thanks for the instructions.

I went ahead and changed four devices to the DHT for Single Switch 2. 1x Dimmer 2 and 3x Wall Plug EU. Unfortunately the probelm appear to persist. The reponsiveness of the Wall plugs might be somewhat improved, but it might also be my imagination. The Dimmer 2 got stuck after the first command (sent OFF trough ST app; light went OFF, but status stays ON).

Is there any other information I can provide that can help you guys investigate this? Currently I’m stuck with some real expensive paper weights over here :open_mouth: :confused:

Things I have tried;

• Rebuilt Z-wave network (multiple times)
  • Removed and added devices from network

To elaborate the issue: most devices accept commands OK, and within reasonable delay from scenes, or via WebCore, but the status is rarely updated at all or timely (10+ minutes delay, sometimes never updated). So a plug/dimmer might be stuck reporting ON and 0w usage, while its actually OFF. Or stuck reporting OFF and 20w usage, while its actually ON. In this state it wont accept any command from the ST app dashboard… This makes automations impossible, and manual control a hassle…

Using the physical S1 button on the dimmers turn ON/OFF the connected lights, but does not change the status in the ST app. So they remain OFF in app, while being turned on/dimmed by the physical button.

I have multiple Zigbee devices which are working just fine alongside my 15 or so affected Fibaro devices (all plugs and dimmer 2’s - all purchased and installed the last month)

Note: all my devices are z wave plus, but connect as follows (example from dimmer 2):

Data * networkSecurityLevel: ZWAVE_S0_LEGACY
Raw Description zw:Ls type:1101 mfr:010F prod:0102 model:1000 ver:3.05 zwv:4.24 lib:03

Is this to be expected? (Legacy)

@cbaumler confirmed that ST team identified issue and working on it.

Mine is also zwave s0 legacy but I’m pretty sure that’s right having said that my aeotec dimmer is zwave s0 legacy non secure.

As stated above, changing the DHT did not solve the issue. Do you want me to retreive some other information for you guys to troubleshoot this? Thanks.

Hi there,

I just bought the ST Hub (IM6001-V3P22) today and have been trying to add my Fibaro devices. I’m on the 000.028.00012 firmware version.

I followed the instructions to include my Fibaro Dimmer 2 devices. A bit slow but they seem to work fine.

Fibaro Motion Sensors works fine. Fast inclusion and quick feedback.

For my Fibaro Switch 2 devices the inclusion process is super slow (a couple of minutes). The devices show up as “Execution Location: Cloud” compared to Local for all of the other devices. Whatever state the Fibaro Switch 2 is in when included it gets stuck there – on/off. It’s possible to turn devices off when stuck in on state and the other way around. However if stuck in on state you cannot turn it on. Same for off.

This is what I get in the Live Log for a Fibaro Switch 2 device stuck in on mode:

warn Received a multichannel event from an unsupported channel
debug Fibaro Single Switch 2 ZW5 - Fibaro Single Switch 2 ZW5 - Parsed MultiChannelCmdEncap MeterReport(scale2: false, scale: 2, rateType: 1, precision: 1, meterValue: [0, 0], deltaTime: 0, meterType: 1, size: 2, scaledPreviousMeterValue: 0.0, scaledMeterValue: 0.0, previousMeterValue: [0, 0])
debug Fibaro Single Switch 2 ZW5 - Parsed: MultiChannelCmdEncap(destinationEndPoint: 0, parameter: [33, 50, 0, 0, 0, 0], sourceEndPoint: 1, command: 2, commandClass: 50, bitAddress: false)
debug Fibaro Single Switch 2 ZW5 - Parsing: zw device: 11, command: 600D, payload: 01 00 32 02 21 32 00 00 00 00 

warn Received a multichannel event from an unsupported channel
debug Fibaro Single Switch 2 ZW5 - Fibaro Single Switch 2 ZW5 - Parsed MultiChannelCmdEncap SwitchBinaryReport(value: 0)
debug Fibaro Single Switch 2 ZW5 - Parsed: MultiChannelCmdEncap(destinationEndPoint: 0, parameter: [0], sourceEndPoint: 1, command: 3, commandClass: 37, bitAddress: false)
debug Fibaro Single Switch 2 ZW5 - Parsing: zw device: 11, command: 600D, payload: 01 00 25 03 00

The error message Received a multichannel event from an unsupported channel seem to be the one introduced in the Pull Request mentioned earlier in this thread.

Please let me know if there’s anything I can assist with to get this fixed.

Hi! Does your Dimmer 2’s update status currectly even when switched on/off/dimmed using the physical (S1) button? This is where all my dimmers start breaking down; only using them though the app is usially fine, but changing status using physical switch does not update status in app.

Regarding local/cloud execution - i thing this is to be expected. If I’m not mistaken its only dimmer and perhaps one or two other Fibaro devices that are supposed to run in local. Rest use cloud.

Update:

This is live logging from using my Dimmer 2:

02be600a-52e6-4083-a0b8-… 09:01:56: debug Unhandled: MultiChannelCmdEncap(destinationEndPoint: 1, parameter: [4, 34, 0, 0], sourceEndPoint: 1, command: 5, commandClass: 49, bitAddress: false)

02be600a-52e6-4083-a0b8-… 09:01:46: debug Unhandled: MultiChannelCmdEncap(destinationEndPoint: 1, parameter: [4, 34, 0, 99], sourceEndPoint: 1, command: 5, commandClass: 49, bitAddress: false)

02be600a-52e6-4083-a0b8-… 09:01:45: debug Unhandled: MultiChannelCmdEncap(destinationEndPoint: 1, parameter: [0], sourceEndPoint: 1, command: 3, commandClass: 38, bitAddress: false)

02be600a-52e6-4083-a0b8-… 09:01:34: debug Unhandled: MultiChannelCmdEncap(destinationEndPoint: 1, parameter: [4, 34, 0, 204], sourceEndPoint: 1, command: 5, commandClass: 49, bitAddress: false)

02be600a-52e6-4083-a0b8-… 09:01:30: debug Unhandled: MultiChannelCmdEncap(destinationEndPoint: 1, parameter: [4, 34, 0, 221], sourceEndPoint: 1, command: 5, commandClass: 49, bitAddress: false)

02be600a-52e6-4083-a0b8-… 09:01:29: debug Unhandled: MultiChannelCmdEncap(destinationEndPoint: 1, parameter: [3], sourceEndPoint: 1, command: 3, commandClass: 38, bitAddress: false)

Unfortunately I dont get any Live Logging for my Fibaro Wall Plugs. No log while working normally, and no log when in stuck mode… :confused: Same for all 8 plugs, which are all experincing “stuck status” issues as described above…

I was hoping we would have heard something by now what’s going on with our dimmers :confused: I’m hesitant to buy anymore at the moment.

Yes, same here. In my case however is almost more of a problem with the 8 or so Fibaro Wall Plugs (EU) that gets “stuck” in ON/OFF mode. :frowning: The Dimmers seem to always accept commands from scenes and/or webcore, even when they get stuck reporting the incorrect status.

The wall plugs on the other hand, if they get stuck - they get STUCK. Reporting OFF, but stuck in ON (or vice versa) - and wont change regardless of the type of commands I send their ways… Usually “unsticks” after a few hours…

This is real bad :frowning: Would be nice if someone from ST acknowledged the issue, so we knew if it was even worth the wait :thinking:

Fortunately I went with zigbee and bought ikea plugs which have been perfect so far but as I am in the UK there aren’t many lighting options so I went with fibaro as I was led to believe they were a good brand and worked well with smartthings and were popular, I am surprised there aren’t more people having problems it seems like only a handful of us. I also emailed support and have had no reply it’s been over a week. :pensive: