[OBSOLETE] Fibaro Roller Shutter 2 - FGRM-222 (DTH in post 24) (UK Device)

I noticed a flaw in the code. When I put that in the routine to close at night. It will try to close the shutter regardless of checking it’s current status. If it’s already closed it still try to close it again (which is triggering my alarms).

It would be nice it acts depends on the current status. Eg: if it’s already don’t excute close or vice versa.

1 Like

dunno - we’re a Google Home household :-). Although the kids do have Echos, so I guess I could take a look. Let me know.

@craigseymour i tested your modifications and after it i wasnt able anymore to set blinds at a certain %, even amazon echo answer “ok” if i ask her to set xxxx to x% but nothing happens, with original dth it works so i reverted back

@julbmann can i have the dth before the modifications? the new one doesn’t work anymore for me, i’m unable to set blinds to a specific level %

Sorry I thought you tested your changes before submitting your PR.

I just reset the PR so now the code is as before. Sorry but I have no time to test and work on this project :frowning: so I can just merge PR if there are some.

Do you find a solution for US frequency?

@julbmann @cyberrage - sorry for the broken pull request and for the delay in getting back to you (been on hols for 2 weeks). It didn’t seem like the kind of change that would break stuff, and it works fine in the ST app and Google Home.

I’ve found our our old Amazon Echo Dot, so I’ll take a look and see what might be going wrong. That’s it though - I don’t have access to any other smart controllers :hushed:

@Shiirrh - I’ll have a look at your request as well, although that’s a bigger change and may stretch my understanding of what needed to be done. The first change I made really just checks that a number is really a number, so nothing really too clever :smiley:

@cyberrage - I think I found the problem. You can see the changes made at https://github.com/julienbachmann/smartthings/pull/3/files if you want to try them out before @julbmann approves the pull request (full file here)

I will test this when i am back at home, in 5 hours
Big thank to try to solve :wink:

1 Like

I have test with my google home and the smatthings app and it work very good
I just can’t open or close partialy (50% for exemple) but i think it was the same before.
Thank you

@Tof - that’s a shame. I just tested it now and it seems to work OK for me. Do any errors show in the live logs?

@Shiirrh - Iadded some code which may fix the issue you reported - it stops the setLevel function doing anything if the level is already the same as that being requested. See post 108 for details on how to access it if you want to test it

@Craigseymour - hiya, thank you so much. :slight_smile: I can’t wait to try it. I appreciate it. Ta

Well, thank me if it works… I woke up this morning wondering if it deals with ‘inverted’ levels properly.

And in fact I’ve realised what I’ve done won’t help you at all, because it doesn’t affect the open() or close() functions, just setLevel(). I’ll sort that out as soon as I can.

Thanks Pal. Basically what’s happening is;

I created automation “good night” close all garage doors, Lock doors, etc.

But when I click that automation it’s opening/partial and closing it again for some reason. Even tho it is perfectly closed state already which makes my alarm siren to go off.

Hope that make sense. If you have any questions please let me know and I’m happy to send you few screenshot of my current settings.

Thanks again for looking into this. :slight_smile:

Another little update, which prevents open() and close() from doing anything if the device already thinks it is open or closed. New file is here.

If that doesn’t work we can look at putting some more logging in to see if we can get an idea about what your system is doing

Hi, first of all, tank you very much for all the work.

i tried your DH and its great but i notice that the S2 button from all the 4 roller shutters devices i have stop working, they’re all momentary switches pos. 0

Tank you

Hi Craig,

Sorry for the late response. I was away for the bank holiday. I hope you had a good break too.

Anyway u fortunately it still doesn’t work. If you want I’m happy to upload my current settings (screenshots). Probably that will help you with finding the root cause.

Regards

Julien - huge thanks for the DTH for Fibaro roller shutter - it is the simplest to use from all I tested.

Instelled it and all seems to work with one issue - my blinds move only for 2 sec (either open or close) when I press the button up or down (same with physical buttons so it is a Fibaro issue not DTH). Than I need to press again and again and again. The courtain works when I pull it close or open - it goes all the way to begging or end however with wall switch control or app control it only moves 2 seconds at a time.

Have any of you seen this behavior?
Feels like changing some parameters may help - tried that but no luck till now - is there a way for me to read the parameters from the Fibaro?

M.